Conklin & de Decker is celebrating 25 years of setting the standard in aircraft operating cost data and educational programs at this yearâ€™s Heli- Expo in Houston, Texas on February 21st through the 23rd.
â€œItâ€™s hard to believe this all began in 1984,â€ commented Bill de Decker, President and cofounder of Conklin & de Decker. â€œWe were somewhat surprised by our early success and honored by the way the business aviation market now refers to our cost numbers as the industry standard. It is humbling to see where we are today and the broad base of clients that use our data to successfully run their operation every day,â€ added de Decker.
Alan Conklin retired from his sales position at Dassault Falcon in 1984 and took with him the model for calculating aircraft operating costs that he and Bill de Decker developed for Falcon Jet in 1971. Conklin developed the first Aircraft Cost Evaluator program during the summer of 1984, started marketing it at the 1984 NBAA convention and a new business was born as Al Conklin & Associates.
Bill de Decker had worked closely with Al Conklin at Dassault and after a successful career with FlightSafety International, Bill joined Al in 1989 and the Conklin & de Decker partnership was created.
Alan Conklinâ€™s extensive aviation career spanned more than six decades and began in the US Army Air Corps and US Air Force where he logged thousands of flight hours. He authored God is My Instructor Pilot and co-authored the Aircraft Acquisition Planning book with Bill de Decker He retired from Conklin & de Decker in 2003 and died in November 2006.
Bill de Decker remains as President of Conklin & de Decker and leads the company with four product lines, consulting services and numerous seminars conducted each year that focus on taxes and the cost of operating business aircraft today. Bill began his aviation career in 1962 as a design engineer on the Apollo moon landing program followed by a stint at Boeing doing design work and cost analysis on various helicopter programs. He now celebrates 20 years with Conklin & de Decker and the business has grown to include three additional partners, David Wyndham, Brandon Battles and Nel Stubbs that serve as Vice Presidents of the company. In addition Conklin & de Decker employs seven others with extensive aviation and research backgrounds that support their line of products and services.
In celebration of the 25th anniversary, Conklin & de Decker is offering a special limited time Heli-Expo 25% discount on their popular products. These discounted products include:
ï‚· The Aircraft Cost Evaluator, the cornerstone for Conklin & de Decker for 25 years and is the industry standard for operating cost data and an excellent benchmarking tool.
ï‚· The Aircraft Performance Comparator standardizes all the flight manual specification and performance data, making it easy to compare more than 200 aircraft.
ï‚· The Life Cycle Cost is the perfect aircraft budgeting tool for these turbulent times and provides fast yet detailed budgets, cash flows, and financial analysis fro new and pre-owned aircraft.
ï‚· The State Tax Guide is the only database that includes sales and use taxes, exemptions, registration and other fees, personal property taxes and more for all 50 states in one easy to use program.
Visit the Conklin & de Decker team at booth # 3717 and see how these products can help streamline your helicopter operation. Also come celebrate 25 years with us and enter to win a $250 gift card by guessing the average per gallon cost of jet fuel in 1984.
Conklin & de Decker, celebrating 25 years in business, is a leader in aviation research, consulting and education with offices in Orleans, Massachusetts, Arlington, Texas and Phoenix, Arizona. The company, founded in 1984, focuses on fixed- and rotary- wing aircraft operating cost, performance and specification databases, maintenance management software, financial management, fleet planning, market research, aviation tax issues, and financial, tax and management seminars. Conklin & de Decker consult with numerous individuals, corporations and government agencies worldwide. More information on their products and services, copies of articles published, and a unique â€œMembers Onlyâ€ section can be found on their website, www.conklindd.com.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO