SELEX Communications signed a contract worth nearly 19 million Euros with Agusta Westland to provide Communication, Navigation and Identification equipments and systems for the 16 Chinook ICH-47F helicopters recently ordered by the Italian Army.
The supply, which is aimed at increasing the efficiency and operational capabilities of the helicopters, includes the replacement of some of the systems previously installed on board the helicopters, as well as the implementation of new functions.
In particular, the systems which will replace those currently installed on the helicopters are: V/UHF multi-band radio communication systems with SINCGARS and SATURN-type ECCM capability, HF radio and Crypto systems, for encrypted communications complying with National and NATO requirements.
Functions which, instead, will be implemented for the first time include systems for satellite communications, Mode 5 IFF identification systems, landing systems, Obstacle Warning Systems and self-protection systems.
The equipment provided by SELEX Communications will be integrated in the helicopterâ€™s avionic system, which has been specially designed to allow for prompt updates and changes.
SELEX Communications, a Finmeccanica Company, is a global supplier of advanced communication, navigation and identification solutions to protect communities and critical national infrastructure. With over 100 years of experience and driven by a relentless quest for innovation, the company delivers advanced, secure, integrated and interoperable networked solutions for governmental, civil and military applications.
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- RAAF new Chinook HQ to boost local Townsville economy
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- S.A.F.E. Structure Designs wins $1M CH-47F fall protection platform contract
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Coulson and Unical join forces to form Coulson Unical
- UTC Unveils New Lightweight Ballistic Protection
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Boeing Awarded $199M Contract for H-47 Rotor Blade Support
- Honeywell Awarded $20M Contract for CH-47 Engine Support
- US delivers new Chinook to Turkey despite F-35 problem
- Netherlands signs combined Apache and Chinook sustainment contract with Boeing
- CAE joins Boeing H-47 Chinook team
- Boeing, Rohde & Schwarz Sign Agreement
- Boeing partners with 10 German Aerospace Companies
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded
- Israel prefers CH-47F to CH-53K
- LifePort Delivers Lightweight Armor Kit for Columbia Helicopters
- Boeing awarded $19M contract for field service representatives for the CH-47
- King Stallion and Chinook to battle for Israeli order