Absolute Fire Solutions (AFS) of Calgary, Canada, and Thermo Technologies of Bismark, N.D., have joined forces to offer an innovative new way to increase firefighting effectiveness. The FAST Gel Initial Attack bucket injection system eliminates the need to wait for large tankers and reservoirs, enabling fire agencies to apply the highly effective Thermo-Gel retardant much earlier in the fire suppression cycle.
Expanding on its reputation for introducing new technologies and capabilities in helicopter bucket technology, AFS developed the gel injection system as a result of fire agency input.
â€œBased on what we heard about the impact of Thermo-Gel, we wanted to deliver an initial attack option using our unique FAST Fill system for proper mixing, without the need for a large base tank setup,â€ said AFS President Steve Matthews. â€œThe idea was to offer fire agencies a quick and simple initial attack option that would deliver the enhanced performance of Thermo-Gel in a quickly installed FAST Bucket delivery system. We are proud to offer our clients another first â€” the FAST Gel Initial Attack system.â€
The injection system is designed for use in a FAST Bucket with FAST Fill internal pump capabilities. AFS designed the injection system to ensure quick and simple FAST Bucket cleanup, using a reservoir similar to the FAST Foam bag. As a result, operators may choose Thermo-Gel, water, or conventional foam retardant, depending on their firefighting need.
â€œThe unique design of the FAST Bucket and the FAST Fill pump gave us the opportunity to create another new fire suppression capability,â€ Matthews said.Â â€œThe Thermo-Gel team worked with us to ensure that our mix process and final retardant mixture consistently exceeded their requirements. The FAST Gel system is the result of that team effort.â€œ
About Absolute Fire Solutions
Absolute Fire Solutions (AFS) of Calgary, Canada, manufactures the FAST Bucket, the worldâ€™s first aerial firefighting bucket integrating cockpit volume control in every size. In its third year of operation, AFS has clients in 16 countries operating the full range of FAST Buckets and accessories, including FAST Fill, FAST Foam and now FAST Gel. The introduction of FAST Gel continues AFSâ€™s aggressive innovation in aerial fire suppression equipment. For more information about Absolute Fire Solutions, visit www.absolutefire.ca
Renowned for its effectiveness, Thermo-Gel is an environmentally friendly polymer approved by the U.S. Forest Service for use in fire suppression and property protection. Thermo-Gel is being used extensively in Western Canada, United States and Australia by federal, state, provincial, county and city fire authorities. For more information about Thermo-Gel and its products, visit www.thermo-gel.com.
- COVID19 – HAC cancels annual convention scheduled for November 2020
- European Rotors event will host an industry hackathon
- Indian Air Force upgrades Mi-17s with Night Vision Goggles
- Airbus helps Hungarian Air Ambulance become a digital organisation
- EASA publishes proposed eVTOL certification methods
- Triumph to supply mechanical controls for US TH-73 trainers
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- COVID-19 – Airbus Helicopters offers solutions to air ambulance operators in the fight against COVID-19
- COVID-19 – How Airbus is helping frontline operators in the fight against COVID-19
- Helitrans accepts two Airbus H125s under e-delivery process
- Gama Aviation and Atkins retain UK military airworthiness contract
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers