BOGOTA, Colombia, March 24, 2010 â€“ Sikorsky Aerospace Services announced today an agreement with the Colombian Ministry of Defense to establish an S-70â„¢ BLACK HAWK Helicopter Training Facility at the Colombian Air Force Base in Melgar, Colombia. Sikorsky Aerospace Services is the aftermarket business of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
The Training Facility will offer a full motion BLACK HAWK helicopter simulator, providing the highest level of fidelity recognized in the industry, to support pilot training for the Colombian Armed Services as well as all Sikorsky military customers in Latin America. Structured as an offset program, the facility will be a launching point for development of Maintenance Repair and Overhaul services, spares and training center for both fixed and rotary wing aircraft.
â€œOne goal of the new Training Facility is to further improve the operational readiness of the Colombian Armed Services as well as regional armed forces.Â With the third-largest fleet of BLACK HAWK helicopters in the world, Colombia is a very important customer,â€ said David Adler, President of Sikorsky Aerospace Services.Â â€œThe Training facility also represents a major milestone toward our overall commitment to our customers in Latin America and is in line with our international strategic initiatives. We look forward to our continued expansion into the global military market.â€
Sikorsky Aerospace Services provides comprehensive support to rotary and fixed wing aircraft around the world. It offers its military and commercial customers a full portfolio of support services. Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high-technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Coulson and Unical Join Forces to form Coulson Unical
- US Army selects GE’s T901 engine
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Polish Police recieve two S70i Black Hawks
- Fort McCoy celebrates 40 years of the Black Hawk
- CPI Aero wins UH-60 Hover Infrared Suppression System order
- Sikorsky Awarded $29M Contract for UH-60 Support
- Sikorsky Awarded $61M Contract for UH-60 Repairs
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- US State Department to possibly sell UH-60 Black Hawks to Latvia
- Meggitt awarded five year fuel cell contract
- First Afghan UH-60 pilots graduate
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters
- Parker Hannifin awarded $96M contract for UH-60 Upgrades
- V-280 Valor undergoing ground trials at Amarillo
- Sikorsky marks 30,000 Black Hawk hours in Brazilian military operation
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for BE UH-60 Blackhawk weapon system parts
- 07-Aug-17 Sikorsky UH-60 Nuevo Leon, Mexico
- 10 refurbished Black Hawk to fight Australian fires