Northstar Aerospace (Canada) Inc., a subsidiary of Northstar Aerospace, Inc. (“Northstar”), has been awarded a $7 million contract to manufacture rotor heads for the AgustaWestland Lynx helicopter, a multi-purpose helicopter used in military applications.
Northstar will manufacture the rotor heads at its Milton, Ontario site with delivery to AgustaWestlandâ€™s Yeovil, England facility to begin in 2011.
“This contract builds on our long-term relationship with AgustaWestland and the Lynx helicopter platform. High precision machining and assembly of rotor heads helps sustain our diverse product base and provides work that is well suited to our skilled Milton employees.” said Glenn Hess, President and Chief Executive Officer, Northstar Aerospace, Inc.
Northstar Aerospace, Inc. (www.nsaero.com) is North America’s leading independent manufacturer of flight critical gears and transmissions. Northstar Aerospace is a public company (TSX:NAS) with operating subsidiaries in the United States and Canada. Its principal products include helicopter gears and transmissions, accessory gearbox assemblies, rotorcraft drive systems and other machined and fabricated parts. It also provides maintenance, repair and overhaul of transmissions and drive systems. The Company’s executive offices are located in Chicago, Illinois. Its plants are located in Chicago, Illinois; Phoenix, Arizona; Anderson, Indiana; and Milton and Windsor, Ontario
AgustaWestland is a subsidiary of Finmeccanica, a world leader in the design and development of helicopters and tilt-rotors for civil and military use.
- Leonardo’s upgraded Super Lynx Makes Successful Maiden Flight
- Westwind selects L3’s Lynx NGT-9000 for the ADS-B Solution
- Sea Skua is fired for the last time from HMS Portland’s Lynx
- Royal Navy Lynx instructors awarded Trophy with support from CAE
- Leonardo to upgrade Portuguese Navy Lynxes
- British military thanks landing site owners
- AgustaWestland sold $1.3 Billion worth of helicopters to Algeria
- Vector completes last Lynx overhaul
- Babcock win large Royal Navy helicopter maintenance contract
- XPO to ship eight Lynxes from Brazil to UK
- Brazilian Lynx fleet to receive new protection suite
- Vector demonstrates flexibility in Portuguese Lynx programme
- NATO contracts CAE for maintenance of Lynx full-mission flight trainer
- 23-Feb-15 Westland Lynx Cape Town, South Africa
- L-3 Officially Launches Its Lynx® Line of ADS-B Products
- Lynx pilot gets Royal Navy wings from Prince Andrew
- Helicopter world speed record holder Trevor Egginton dies
- Algerian Navy about to receive first Super Lynx 300s
- World Record Holder receives Heritage Award
- 27-Sep-14 AgustaWestland Lynx Fryton, UK