EraMED LLC and LifeFlight of Maine announced today the renewal of their contract naming EraMED as LifeFlight of Maineâ€™s provider of aviation management services. The two companies have worked together providing air emergency medical services since July 1998.
LifeFlight of Maine owns two Agusta 109E helicopters; one based at Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston, Maine, and the other based at Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor, Maine, which cover all of Maine and its offshore islands. The aircraft transport patients primarily to the three trauma centers in Maine: Eastern Maine, Central Maine and Maine Medical Centers. Patients are also transported to hospitals in New Hampshire, Vermont and specialty centers located in Boston, Massachusetts.
In 2008, the National Association of Air Medical Services presented the Program of the Year award to LifeFlight of Maine at the Associationâ€™s annual meeting. The award recognizes an emergency medical transport program that has demonstrated a superior level of patient care, management prowess, quality leadership through visionary and innovative approaches, customer service, safety consciousness, marketing ingenuity, community service and commitment to the medical transport community, as a whole.
LifeFlight Executive Director Tom Judge said, â€œWe operate in a challenging environment and expect world class performance for the people of Maine. As one of the worldâ€™s leading aviation companies, EraMEDâ€™s operating philosophy and focus on safety, consistency, cost value, and quality performance fit well with our ethos of just culture. EraMED operates our Agusta aircraft at 98% availability, we continue to build an innovative low level IFR system, and we have been able to integrate our management systems and operations performance improvement. We expect world class performance and EraMED consistently delivers.â€
EraMED Vice President and General Manager, Terry Umfleet said, â€œEraMED is pleased to have the opportunity to continue our long standing relationship with LifeFlight of Maine. The proactive approach to sound operating practices and the positive safety culture within their program is a testament to their commitment to quality service. EraMED looks forward to continuing our long relationship.â€
About LifeFlight of Maine
LifeFlight of Maine is a nonprofit, statewide critical care helicopter service. Since 1998, Maine’s only such service has safely transported more than 10,000 critically ill and injured patients from nearly all of the state’s communities and offshore islands. LifeFlight is Maine’s only licensed Scene Response Air Ambulance and is on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It complements and supports the work of local physicians, mid-level providers, nurses, and EMS squads in caring for the critically ill and injured.
About EraMED LLC
EraMED is an innovative air medical service company, providing medical institutions with around-the-clock flight services that include pilots, maintenance, communications support and a diverse fleet of sophisticated twin-engine turbine helicopters. EraMED offers fleet management services to medical providers who own their own aircraft, as well as providing aircraft leasing arrangements for helicopter services.
- Bulgarian Border Guard upgrades AW109
- Intermountain Healthcare adds another AW109 GrandNew f
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- Dallas Airmotive Launches Engine Maintenance Program for AW109 Trekker
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Leonardo presents the AW109 Trekker
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile
- Chilean customers order AW119Kx and AW109 Trekker
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Leonardo celebrates helicopter orders at Heli-Expo
- Chinese fleet grows stronger with orders for additional 26 helicopters