Cheshire Police have confirmed they have taken delivery of their first helicopter, a Eurocopter EC135P2+, at their Hawarden base.Â Cheshire is one of a consortium of six British police forces who got together and agreed a single specificiation, which brought down the unit price for each of them.Â Cheshire is the third of the six to take delivery, after the Suffolk and Central Counties Air Support Units.Â The remaining three are Chiltern, North Wales and North East – and that is thought to be the order in which they will be delivered.
As Eurocopter UK stated in their press release announcing the sale of six EC135s “Each of the helicopters will feature the latest Airborne Law Enforcement and Police Reconnaissance & Surveillance systems as well as interoperable communications means, including daylight and thermal imaging cameras, Nightsun search lights, video down-link system and Tetra radios, which will allow easy communication both with police on the ground and with the other emergency services.”.Â As usual for UK-based Eurocopters, system integration and fit out was performed at Eurocopter’s customisation center in Oxford, with painting sub-contracted to Edmondsons at Thruxton.
Up to now, Cheshire has resolutely stuck with fixed-wing, latterly a BN-2B Islander aircraft.
Cheshire Police were unable to provide us with a photo of their actual aircraft, so we have shown Suffolk’s aircraft here – given they are all the same specification, only the registration and force logos will differ externally
- Airbus launches retrofit solution for EC135 Electrical Master Boxes
- Metro first to STC H135 T3H Air Medical Interior
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- 24-Feb-19 9H-VIP Airbus EC135 Valetta, Malta
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s
- 13-Feb-19 D-HJMD Airbus EC135P2 Neustadt an der Orla, Germany
- SPAES procures nine medical racks for EC135 installation
- Airbus EC135 – FAA AD 2013-21-05R1 – Bearings
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Installation of SLANT-console in Airbus EC135
- Red Arrows Support Handover of First ACH135 for charter ops
- ACH Displays New ACH135 Helionix
- Babcock renews Great Western Air Ambulance contract for 5 years
- Babcock to upgrade five EC135s for WPD
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- German Federal Police procures mission systems from ESG
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- ALT wins German military contract with five EC135s
- NHSL adds EC135 and AW139 in Trinidad and Tobago