“Brazil is changing its level in relation to the Defence. We are no longer mere buyers. We now receive and internalize technology. These helicopters strengthen aviation rotorcraft. With these words, the Defence Minister, Nelson Jobim, named the newly acquired helicopter MI-35 Brazilian Air Force, which in this Saturday (17) came to be called A-H2 Sabre. The new aircraft will be based at Air Base in Porto Velho, in Rondonia, where they will be used by the 2nd Squadron of the 8th Aviation Group (2 / 8 Âº GAV) Squadron Poti.
With the arrival of Sabre, the Brazilian Air Force received the first helicopter designed specifically for war. The attack aircraft used was the H-50 Squirrel, originally designed for civilian use, adapted for military functions. Sabre is different because he was born with DNA military.
The new weapon of FAB has a number of resources that the Brazilian helicopter pilots, until now, had only seen from afar. The aircraft has shield, organic cannon of 23 mm, double-barreled, mounted on a tower mobile front, the ability to launch rockets and surface-air missiles, suppressor of heat which makes the aircraft’s infrared vision and a series of counter- measures. “I get a shiver,” said Lt. Leonardo Bezerra Salim, one of the pilots of Squadron Poti, which is already operating the new aircraft. “It’s a leap expected operational by generations of helicopter pilots of the FAB,” he said.
The Sabres will enhance the ability of quick response and the presence of FAB in the Western Amazon. A strategic region for Parents. They will serve on the Policing of the region’s airspace and help curb illegal in the border area. To operate these aircraft the Air Force Command Squadron began the transfer of Poti, the city of Recife (PE) Air Base to Porto Velho.
“We will protect the Amazon for us and the world, and let the world know that,” said Minister Jobim. Squadron Poti and its brand new Sabre AH-2 are powerful instruments of protection. As of now, are ready to face any threat.
- 04-Feb-19 Mil Mi-24 El Pao, Venezuela
- Poland Plans on Mi-24 Fleet Upgrade
- ITWL Poland and Thales to integrate rocket launchers onto Mi-24
- Aviakon modernizes helicopters for the Armed Forces of Ukraine
- Senegal Air Force Receives Upgraded Mi24V
- Russian Helicopters wins repair contract for four Myanmar Mi-24P
- Russian Helicopters to repair Czech military Mi-8s
- India relents – four Mi-25 to be exported to Afghanistan
- 25-Apr-15 Mil Mi-35 Sriganganagar, India
- 19-Apr-15 Mil Mi-24 Illizi, Algeria (2F)
- 24-Mar-15 29 Yellow Mil Mi-24 Kiev, Ukraine (1F)
- Russian Helicopters to showcase new maintenance equipment at NAIS&CA 2015
- Russian Helicopters celebrates 45th anniversary of Mi-24 first flight
- Paramount Group resuming composite blade production in South Africa
- Nigeria orders lots of Russian helicopters
- 20-Aug-14 09 Yellow Mil Mi-24VP Heorhiyivka, Ukraine (2F)
- 20-Aug-14 Mil Mi-24VP Luhansk region, Ukraine
- 21-Jul-14 Mil Mi-35P Bama, Nigeria (1F)
- 26-Jun-14 Mil MI-35 Tikrit, Iraq (5F)
- 12-May-14 Mil Mi-24 Elwak, Kenya (1F)