Ten years after the companyâ€™s debut on the stock exchanges in France, Germany and Spain, the EADS Internet platform www.eads.com has been given a new layout, new functions and a new navigation.
The redesign has made possible three important improvements. The connection among the various websites in the Group has been strengthened, the navigation is easier to use and the website takes advantage of more interactive content. The new website reflects the successful growth of the company since its founding and is a platform to showcase ten years of success at EADS.
â€œThe Group has acquired an image as a stable, high-tech company that can present its achievements, visions and success. It deserved a better tool for an easier access to all its contents, particularly a video and photo library with outstanding live documents. Our new online platform is light like our composites, with the core structure of an Ariane 5,â€ explains Pierre Bayle, Head of Communications at EADS.
EADSâ€™ new global website stresses the interaction between the four Divisions and highlights the Groupâ€™s collective efforts in the area of innovation. The homepage stories touch on programmes like Ariane 5, which has launched numerous scientific satellites into space; a video helps explain EADS Astriumâ€™s contribution to the European space industry. The key role that customers play and how they can influence product development is also highlighted in a story on Eurocopterâ€™s EC175. The capabilities, performance and sales success story of Eurofighter is also brought to life on the new homepage. Airbus can look back on four decades of innovation; four game-changing technologies are featured on the new site. Airbus Military proudly features its powerful A400M and the MRTT Tanker aircraft on the Group site, with a dedicated website for the U.S. Air Force KC45 proposal (www.kc45now.com).
With just a few clicks, the navigation is now able to address key audiences, enabling them to manoeuvre themselves around the site with ease. The functional and livelier web design helps users to find what they are looking for and enjoy their experience. Marketing individual platforms is no longer the core objective of the EADS website. It focuses on topics such as the Group, governance, investors, press and international career opportunities. One of its highlights is the â€œFlight Bookâ€, which illustrates interesting facts and figures about aerospace aimed at a younger audience.
National websites for China, Brazil and Canada are currently undergoing construction, with a special site in Chinese opening soon for the duration of the Shanghai Expo.
EADS is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2009, EADS generated revenues of â‚¬ 42.8 billion and employed a workforce of about 119,000. The EADS Group includes Airbus, Eurocopter, EADS Astrium and EADS Defence & Security.
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation