Ten years after the companyâ€™s debut on the stock exchanges in France, Germany and Spain, the EADS Internet platform www.eads.com has been given a new layout, new functions and a new navigation.
The redesign has made possible three important improvements. The connection among the various websites in the Group has been strengthened, the navigation is easier to use and the website takes advantage of more interactive content. The new website reflects the successful growth of the company since its founding and is a platform to showcase ten years of success at EADS.
â€œThe Group has acquired an image as a stable, high-tech company that can present its achievements, visions and success. It deserved a better tool for an easier access to all its contents, particularly a video and photo library with outstanding live documents. Our new online platform is light like our composites, with the core structure of an Ariane 5,â€ explains Pierre Bayle, Head of Communications at EADS.
EADSâ€™ new global website stresses the interaction between the four Divisions and highlights the Groupâ€™s collective efforts in the area of innovation. The homepage stories touch on programmes like Ariane 5, which has launched numerous scientific satellites into space; a video helps explain EADS Astriumâ€™s contribution to the European space industry. The key role that customers play and how they can influence product development is also highlighted in a story on Eurocopterâ€™s EC175. The capabilities, performance and sales success story of Eurofighter is also brought to life on the new homepage. Airbus can look back on four decades of innovation; four game-changing technologies are featured on the new site. Airbus Military proudly features its powerful A400M and the MRTT Tanker aircraft on the Group site, with a dedicated website for the U.S. Air Force KC45 proposal (www.kc45now.com).
With just a few clicks, the navigation is now able to address key audiences, enabling them to manoeuvre themselves around the site with ease. The functional and livelier web design helps users to find what they are looking for and enjoy their experience. Marketing individual platforms is no longer the core objective of the EADS website. It focuses on topics such as the Group, governance, investors, press and international career opportunities. One of its highlights is the â€œFlight Bookâ€, which illustrates interesting facts and figures about aerospace aimed at a younger audience.
National websites for China, Brazil and Canada are currently undergoing construction, with a special site in Chinese opening soon for the duration of the Shanghai Expo.
EADS is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2009, EADS generated revenues of â‚¬ 42.8 billion and employed a workforce of about 119,000. The EADS Group includes Airbus, Eurocopter, EADS Astrium and EADS Defence & Security.
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Bell Boeing reveal the new CMV-22B Osprey
- Whistleblower alleges misconduct between FAA Honolulu office and helicopter operator
- Heritage Aviation starts first helicopter route under Indian connectivity scheme
- Pawan Hans appoints new chairman and managing director
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- HeloAir appoints new Chief Pilot
- Bell teams with Sumitomo Corp and Japan Airlines to explore Air Mobility
- Airbus Helicopters replaces Keycopter platform with AirbusWorld
- Austrian innovation extends Airbus Helicopters product range
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips