Comfortable seats with exclusive materials coupled with sumptuous wood for the floors and ceiling. The interior of the special edition EC145 Mercedes-Benz Style helicopter by Eurocopter, a subsidiary of the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company (EADS), has all the style and luxury one would expect from a Mercedes-Benz car. The interior space has been styled by Mercedes-Benz designers.
This EC145 Mercedes-Benz Style is the first product in the new Mercedes-Benz Style range. Eurocopter and Mercedes-Benz will be jointly unveiling this luxury model for business and private travel on May 4, 2010 at the European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition 2010 in Geneva.
Professor h.c. Gorden Wagener, head of design at Mercedes-Benz: “Eurocopter and Mercedes-Benz are a perfect match. Both are renowned for groundbreaking innovation and trend-setting products. We are delighted to join Eurocopter in unveiling the first product of our new division â€œMercedes-Benz Styleâ€. The interior of the EC145 Mercedes-Benz Style, conceived in a styling project led by the Mercedes-Benz Advanced Design Studio in Como, Italy, bears all the hallmarks and passion of Mercedes-Benz style.
The seat upholstery in the cockpit and cabin is available in deluxe materials and a range of colours. A choice of elegant woods can provide luxury underfoot. This overall impression of elegance and style is complemented by a stylish arrangement of wood panels for the ceilings. Ambient lighting borrowed from the E- and S-Class cars can be adjusted and dimmed in various colours.
Multi-functional and fully configurable
But the EC145 Mercedes-Benz Style is not just luxurious; it’s also spacious and extremely flexible. It is the only helicopter in its class that can seat up to eight passengers. For the cabin layout, Mercedes-Benz opted for a modular approach inspired by its new R-Class range. All seats are mounted on rails and can be quickly and easily reconfigured or removed to make room for luggage.
There are also three multi-function boxes with features such as a cool box, cup holder, table, 15-inch monitor and DVD player. The interior offers supreme flexibility for both business and private travel: in the partition wall which separates the cockpit from the cabin, extra storage space is provided by drawers.
Mercedes-Benz has made multi-purpose storage a feature of the tail as well. Whether it’s golf clubs for a day on the links with business partners or bikes and surfboards for a family holiday, the high-capacity luggage compartment has numerous attachment points on the floor and walls.
The partition between the cabin and the cockpit has fully retractable windows. Just like the R-Class car that inspired it, the Eurocopter EC145 Mercedes-Benz Style is the most versatile and spacious model in its class.
“Eurocopterâ€™s cooperation with Mercedes-Benz brings together the worldâ€™s leading producer of corporate and business helicopters with the automobile manufacturer that sets global standards for luxury and style,â€ said Olivier Lambert, Eurocopterâ€™s Senior Vice President for Sales and Customer Relations. â€œBy combining the expertise of both companies, we are uniting creativity, performance and precision engineering to giving the EC145 Mercedes-Benz Style its exceptional character and unmistakable personality.”
About â€œMercedes-Benz Styleâ€
The designers at Mercedes-Benz will also be styling other products in future, in addition to creating classic automotive designs. The portfolio of the newly established “Mercedes-Benz Style” division will comprise not only transport-related products, but also furniture and lifestyle products, and also industrial design. â€œMercedes-Benz Styleâ€ encompasses contract work, for which the styling rights are sold to the product manufacturer, and the granting of styling licences.
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- Christoph 51 has been used more than 25,000 times in 30 years
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 22-Feb-19 F-HSOX Airbus EC145 Bidarray, France
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator