Sikorsky Aerospace Services announced the signing of a contract with the Royal Saudi Land Forces Aviation CommandÂ (RSLFAC) to upgrade its fleet of BLACK HAWK helicopters from the UH-60 A model configuration to the more modern UH-60L aircraft configuration. Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS) is the aftermarket division of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
Based on the success of the H-60 Helicopter Recapitalization and Upgrade Program on U.S. Army BLACK HAWK aircraft, the H-60 helicopter modernization program includes comprehensive fleet upgrades for Sikorskyâ€™s global customers. The Royal Saudi Land Forces Aviation Command (RSLFAC) A-to-L conversion plan is the second international modernization program under contract with SAS. The first program is currently under way at Chase Field Operations Center in Texas, a Sikorsky Aerospace Services facility.
The A-to-L upgrade program incorporates key improvements consisting of a T700 to T701D engine upgrade for increased power and reliability, and upgraded flight controls, avionics and instrument panel modifications. Additionally, the upgraded H-60 helicopters will be equipped with a new Aircraft Flight Control Computer (AFCC) as well as new wiring harness, high speed shaft and seal lead acid battery.
â€œThis conversion program will modernize the current Saudi fleet and allow for better commonality and integration with its newly acquired fleet of UH-60L aircraft.Â As we continue to successfully transition the UH-60 BLACK HAWK helicopter through our global modernizations programs, this Saudi project serves as an important launch point in the region,â€ said David Adler, president of Sikorsky Aerospace Services.
Sikorsky Aerospace Services provides comprehensive support for rotary and fixed wing aircraft around the world. It offers its military and commercial customers a full portfolio of support services. Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Collins Aerospace promotes Goodrich rescue hoist on S70 Firehawk
- Telephonics flight tests MOSAIC AESA Radar System on MH-60S
- Luma Technologies offers Goggle Ready LED Solutions for UH-60 / S-70 Operators
- Simplex awarded FAA certification for Internal Fire Attack System
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Rockwell Collins Awarded $49M Contract for UH-60 Display Unit Overhaul
- AAI Corp. Awarded $20M Contract for JSECST for CV-22, UH-47 and UH-60
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Coulson and Unical join forces to form Coulson Unical
- US Army selects GE’s T901 engine
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Polish Police recieve two S70i Black Hawks
- Fort McCoy celebrates 40 years of the Black Hawk
- CPI Aero wins UH-60 Hover Infrared Suppression System order
- Sikorsky Awarded $29M Contract for UH-60 Support
- Sikorsky Awarded $61M Contract for UH-60 Repairs
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- US State Department to possibly sell UH-60 Black Hawks to Latvia
- Meggitt awarded five year fuel cell contract