Oceanside, CA, May 4, 2010 â€” The Alberta Shock Trauma Air Rescue Society (STARS) recently equipped its fleet of five Eurocopter BK117s with AKV engine cycle counters from DART Helicopter Services (DHS).
Engine manufacturers require engine cycle counting for maintenance purposes, and turbine engine cycle counters are an efficient, effective alternative to relying on pilots or maintainers to collect the necessary data.
â€œUsing cycle counters is a great way for any operator to immediately improve the bottom line,â€ said Jeff Shapiro, president of DHS. â€œThis is especially important for a non-profit group doing important work like STARS.â€
Operating from three bases in Alberta, Canada, STARS provides emergency care and transport to severely ill and injured patients. As a non-profit, charitable organization, STARS actively seeks opportunities to operate more efficiently and cost effectively. â€œAKV engine cycle counters will help STARS realize maximum operating cycle life from its enginesâ€, Shapiro said.
In addition to reduced operating costs and increased engine cycle life, AKV engine cycle counters deliver a high degree of accuracy and an optional data stream for automatic data transfer. In addition, the AKV cycle counter has the ability to track both Ng and Np cycles.
Operating continuously for the past 25 years, STARS has flown approximately 19,000 missions. The STARS vision of saving lives is supported by four pillars: patient care and transport, emergency medical communications, education and research, and fundraising and community support.
About DART Helicopter Services
DART Helicopter Services LLC., 1736 Ord Way, Oceanside, CA 92056 (www.darthelicopterservices.com), is a privately held Sales, Marketing and Manufacturing Company focused on developing innovative STCâ€™d products and creating sales and marketing networks for aerospace manufacturers. DART distributes more than 3,000 helicopter aftermarket products to over 120 countries worldwide.Â DARTâ€™s subsidiary and affiliated companies own over 450 STCs and manufacture over 500 products.Â For further information, please call our Customer Support Center at 1-800-556-4166 or 1-613-632-3336 or by e-mail at [email protected]
- Christoph Dortmund upgrades from BK117 to Airbus H145
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- SPAES gets EASA STC approval for BK117 searchlight
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- SPAES installs Spidertracks on BK117
- Kawasaki Receives First Order for New BK117
- 17-Aug-18 VH-JWB Airbus BK117 Ulladulla, Australia
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New plug and play caution/warning panel for BK117
- HALO Air Rescue to add BK117
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- Airwork delists following Chinese buyout
- BK117 Modification Granted FAA Certification
- BK117 Dual Torque Gauge Granted FAA Approval
- BK117 Role Equipment granted FAA Certification
- 02-May-17 ZK-IED Airbus BK117A3 Porirua Harbour, New Zealand
- Kawasaki receives first H145 order
- Airwork Upgrade of STARS BK117 fleet to meet Transport Canada H1 Helipad requirements
- UK military awards Everett Aviation contract for three BK117s in Kenya