The Afghan National Army Air Corps’s 377th Rotary Wing Squadron conducted their first combined operation mission on May 13th, 2010Â usingÂ two Mi-17s for transportÂ and two Mi-35s toÂ provided air escort.
Three mixed U.S. and Afghan crews and one all Afghan crew transported 70 Afghan National Army troops from Jalalabad to Forward Operating Base BOSTICK.
The Mi-17s transported the troopsÂ successfullyÂ saving the ANA troops from a long andÂ potential dangerous drive to the FOB.
The ANA ground commander said, “This is great support. You are saving us from having a very long convoy lasting over 2 hours one way to move these soldiers.”
- Mil Moscow and UTair-Engineering sign agreement for upgrading Mi-8/17
- 09-Feb-19 ET2015 Mil Mi-17V-5 Abyei, South Sudan (3F)
- Ukrainian Air Forces Returns Rare Mi-8 into Service
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Ukraine Tests New Helicopter Missile Oskol
- Russian Defence Ministry Looks towards Arctic Mi-38 Variant
- 27-May-17 Mil Mi-8 Maritime Territory, Russia
- UTair selects Skytrac fleet monitoring for 46 Mi-8s
- Russian Helicopters assists Mi-8 overhaul in Cuba
- Russian Helicopters to unveil Mi-8MTV-5 with advanced features
- Russian Helicopters to demonstrate new Arctic Mi-8
- Bird Aerosystems to demo Airborne Missile Protection System at Farnborough
- Russian Helicopters to repair Czech military Mi-8s
- Serial Production of the MI-171A2 Will Begin in 2017
- Hungary decides against buying 30 Russian helicopters
- Hungary interested in 30 helicopters to replace Mi-8 fleet
- Russian Helicopters helps re-equip overhaul base in Egypt
- 15-Sep-15 Mil Mi-8 Ramit, Tajikistan
- Indian MROs not ready for the wave of Russian helicopters
- 14-Jul-15 Mil MI-172 Gohpur, India