DART Helicopter Services is pleased to announce that their affiliated partner, DART Aerospace Ltd., has received Transport Canada, FAA and EASA approvals for their Lightweight Heli-Utility-Basketâ„¢ for the Bell 205/210/212/214 models of helicopters.
DARTâ€™s new lightweight basket provides the same load capacity as the standard and low profile baskets but with a 30% reduction in weight, a more compact design and a rappel/passenger friendly installation location.
The lightweight basket is constructed of stainless steel with a high gloss, white scratch resistant finish. With 17.8 ftÂ³ of cargo space and the capability to carry 300 lbs of distributed load, the lightweight basket is ideal for operations with weight limitations and lower cargo requirements.
The lightweight basket installs aft of the cargo doors; its forward most pickup location is STA 129. This basket includes a rappel deflector and is compatible with D205-633 Heli-Access-Stepsâ„¢, making it ideal for rappel operations or passenger transport.
- Approved to be flown LH, RH or both sides simultaneously
- Compatible with steps & rappel operations
- Basket weight is 69 lbs (30% weight reduction compared to traditional basket)
- Includes Rappel Deflector
- High gloss white scratch resistant finish
- Gas spring assists with closing/opening and keeps lid closed/open
- Deadman latch closure
- Compatible with Heli-Access-Stepsâ„¢ D205-633
- Does not impede access to the cargo doors
â€œDARTâ€™s new lightweight basket is another example of DART responding to customer and industry requirements.Â The new lightweight basket is ideal for operations requiring additional cargo carrying capabilities and rappel operations, passenger requirements or that have weight restrictions.â€Â Quote Bill Beckett, General Manager, DART Aerospace Ltd.
DART Helicopter Services LLC., 4650 North Avenue, Oceanside, CA 92056 (www.darthelicopterservices.com), is a privately held Sales, Marketing and Manufacturing Company whose primary focus is developing innovative STCâ€™d products and creating sales networks for aerospace manufacturers who are looking to benefit from DARTâ€™s global marketing network and sales channel.Â DART is the logical choice for rotary wing operators who are seeking a supplier with a comprehensive product line and superior customer support. DARTâ€™S subsidiary and affiliated companies own over 450 STCâ€™s and manufacture over 500 products.Â With its highly trained and knowledgeable North American and International sales team, DART Helicopter Services distributes more than 3,000 aftermarket products to over 120 countries worldwide. For further information, please call our Customer Support Center at 1 (800) 556 4166 or 1 (613) 632 3336 or by e-mail at [email protected]
- Boost introduces Bell 212/412 Dual Hook Human External Cargo System
- 04-Nov-20 ARC223 Bell UH-1N Guaymaral, Columbia
- Astronics Max-Viz 2300 Enhanced Vision System Receives Amended STC for Bell
- 10-Aug-20 (serial tba) Bell UH-1N Middleburg, US-Virginia
- Bell 205, 205, 212, 214, 412 – FAA AD 2020-16-10 – Shoulder harness
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI Receives FAA STC for Bell 212 and 412
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Alpine Aerotech Receives FAA and EASA STC for Bell 212 Digital Instruments
- AeroBrigham Showcases Vintage Bell 212 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Astronautics Nears FAA Approval on STC for RoadRunner EFI on Bell 212 and 412
- Alpine Aerotech Develops Digital Flight Instrument Solution
- RoadRunner EFI on display at HAI Heli-Expo
- Bell appoints Abu Dhabi Aviation as CSF for 212s and 412s
- Eagle Copters Selects Caution Panel for B212 NVG Upgrade
- Trakka Systems announces EASA certification for B212 and B412
- SENER and Babcock complete fourth Spanish Navy AB212 upgrade
- Toll Helicopters Donates Engine to Aviation High School
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ EFI Flown on B212 Helicopter with Colombian National Police
- Routine Review of SKYTRAC
- FlightSafety expands initial NVG training to B212/B412 and Airbus H135