Discovery Air Inc. is pleased to announce that its Great Slave Helicopters (GSH) subsidiary has been awarded a contract to provide helicopter services to Enbridge Pipelines NW Inc. (Enbridge), operator of the liquids pipeline running between Norman Wells, NT, and Zama, Alta.
Commencing July 1, the two-year contract will see GSH fly regular monitoring flights for Enbridge utilizing two AS350BA intermediate aircraft based in Fort Simpson and Norman Wells. The contract includes an option for Enbridge to execute a two-year extension.
“We are extremely happy to have been awarded this contract with Enbridge and look forward to a long and mutually beneficial relationship,” said Jeff Denomme, President of GSH. “This contract win is a solid endorsement of our company-wide commitment to safety and customer service.”
Through this contract GSH will fly line patrols covering the entire 868-km pipeline right-of-way and associated facilities every other week, as well as providing immediate flights to inspect possible pipeline irregularities should any be detected by Enbridge.
“We are pleased to be assisting Enbridge, a global leader in the pipeline industry, with its operations here in the NWT,” said Dave Jennings, President and CEO, Discovery Air Inc. “Enbridge’s dedication to safety is very well aligned with that of Discovery Air and our subsidiaries, including GSH.”
Servicing the contract will also involve two of GSH’s Aboriginal joint-venture partners in the Mackenzie Valley – Dehcho Regional Helicopters and Sahtu Helicopters.
“The opportunity to work with Enbridge is a clear example of how our partnership with GSH helps us achieve more than we could on our own,” said JoAnne Deneron, President of Dehcho Regional Helicopters. “We’re able to realize benefits from a contract like this which extends beyond the borders of our traditional lands.”
ABOUT DISCOVERY AIR AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES
Founded in 2004, Discovery Air Inc. is a specialty aviation services company operating across Canada and in select locations internationally. With 145 aircraft, it is one of the largest air operators in Canada, employing 450 flight crew, maintainers and support staff to deliver a variety of air transport and logistics solutions to a wide range of government and business customers. The Company’s Government Services segment includes two subsidiaries: Top Aces Inc., which delivers airborne training and special mission services to the Canadian military; and Hicks & Lawrence, a primary supplier of airborne fire management services to the Ontario government and charter services to government agencies and corporate customers. The Company’s Northern Services segment includes three subsidiaries: Great Slave Helicopters, the second-largest VFR helicopter operator in the country; Air Tindi, a fixed-wing aircraft charter provider primarily based in Northern Canada; and Discovery Mining Services, which constructs and rents all-weather exploration camps and provides expediting and logistical support services.
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand