As part of the European Defence Agency’s Helicopter Training Programme (HTP), Spain will host a Multinational Helicopter Exercise in June 2010.
The Exercise is the largest of its kind so far, with more than 32 helicopters and 500 people attending from 9 nations and yet takes place less than a year after the Ministerial endorsement of the HTP concept.
The Exercise will take place at the Spanish Army aviation base at Agoncillo, near LogroÃ±o, and is designed to allow European helicopter crews to practice the techniques of flying in a hot, high and dusty environment – the same conditions that many of the participants will encounter when they deploy on current operations over the next year.
In order to ensure the widest participation, and as part of their support of the Multinational Helicopter Initiative, Luxembourg has kindly agreed to meet the costs of participation.
The organisation of the Exercise, the management of life support and the use of the ranges have all been provided by the hosts, Spain. The planned participants are Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Slovenia, Sweden, UK and the hosts, Spain.
The exercise will run for three weeks, commencing on 9 June 2010, and there will be a VIP/Press Day on 16 June. The planning of further exercises in the Programme is already underway.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO