As part of the European Defence Agency’s Helicopter Training Programme (HTP), Spain will host a Multinational Helicopter Exercise in June 2010.
The Exercise is the largest of its kind so far, with more than 32 helicopters and 500 people attending from 9 nations and yet takes place less than a year after the Ministerial endorsement of the HTP concept.
The Exercise will take place at the Spanish Army aviation base at Agoncillo, near LogroÃ±o, and is designed to allow European helicopter crews to practice the techniques of flying in a hot, high and dusty environment – the same conditions that many of the participants will encounter when they deploy on current operations over the next year.
In order to ensure the widest participation, and as part of their support of the Multinational Helicopter Initiative, Luxembourg has kindly agreed to meet the costs of participation.
The organisation of the Exercise, the management of life support and the use of the ranges have all been provided by the hosts, Spain. The planned participants are Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Slovenia, Sweden, UK and the hosts, Spain.
The exercise will run for three weeks, commencing on 9 June 2010, and there will be a VIP/Press Day on 16 June. The planning of further exercises in the Programme is already underway.
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain
- HAI President/CEO Named to USDOT Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee
- Able Opens New Expansion of Headquarters
- Leonardo puts forward AW149 at DSEI 2019
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139