As part of the European Defence Agency’s Helicopter Training Programme (HTP), Spain will host a Multinational Helicopter Exercise in June 2010.
The Exercise is the largest of its kind so far, with more than 32 helicopters and 500 people attending from 9 nations and yet takes place less than a year after the Ministerial endorsement of the HTP concept.
The Exercise will take place at the Spanish Army aviation base at Agoncillo, near LogroÃ±o, and is designed to allow European helicopter crews to practice the techniques of flying in a hot, high and dusty environment – the same conditions that many of the participants will encounter when they deploy on current operations over the next year.
In order to ensure the widest participation, and as part of their support of the Multinational Helicopter Initiative, Luxembourg has kindly agreed to meet the costs of participation.
The organisation of the Exercise, the management of life support and the use of the ranges have all been provided by the hosts, Spain. The planned participants are Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Slovenia, Sweden, UK and the hosts, Spain.
The exercise will run for three weeks, commencing on 9 June 2010, and there will be a VIP/Press Day on 16 June. The planning of further exercises in the Programme is already underway.
- Second charity helicopter air ambulance launched in Scotland
- COVID-19 – Airbus recommendations for cleaning and disinfection of their helicopters
- STARS announce winners of 2020 Alberta Lottery
- Boeing Delivers First CH-47F Chinook to Royal Netherlands Air Force
- COVID-19 – CHC adapt AW139s with all approvals completed inside two weeks
- HeliRussia postponed to the autumn
- RAF Helicopters Support Scottish Ambulance Service Trials
- TH-119 Certification Team Wins Harry T. Jensen Award
- Japan Coast Guard orders two more H225
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements
- COVID-19 – Australian Rotortech event postponed to October
- USHST Infrastructure Working Group Completes 6th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems dual hook for Bell 206L and 407
- Utah Rotor Pathway Program Receives $1.1 Million Grant
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales