Analog Devicesâ€™ iMEMS gyroscope technology will be used for a new aircraft flight safety and training tool developed by Appareo Systems, a company that makes light weight flight data recorders and 3-D flight analysis software.
In an international push to improve helicopter safety, the ALERTS (Aircraft Logging and Event Recording for Training and Safety) Vision 1000 flight data monitoring solution was designed in partnership with Eurocopter, an aerospace, defence and helicopter manufacturer.
â€œThe ability to track, record and analyse the exact pitch, roll and yaw of the aircraft provides operators with an incredibly valuable tool to improve the flying performance of student pilots and experienced aviators alike,â€ said Robert Weinmann, embedded systems director for Appareo Systems. â€œAnalog Devicesâ€™ iMEMS gyroscope was selected because it aligned perfectly with the needs of our customers for a small, lightweight gyroscope that was cost-effective and delivered exceptionally accurate performance.â€
According to Analog Devices, the ALERTS Vision 1000 system will be deployed initially in helicopters to capture and analyse large volumes of flight data, including inertial and position information, such as location and pitch/roll attitude, as well as provide acoustic data and cockpit imagery, such as instrument panels and flight controls. The data can then be played back using Appareo Systemsâ€™ AS Flight Analysis 3-D flight virtualisation software to accurately portray the aircraftâ€™s entire flight record.
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock