Analog Devicesâ€™ iMEMS gyroscope technology will be used for a new aircraft flight safety and training tool developed by Appareo Systems, a company that makes light weight flight data recorders and 3-D flight analysis software.
In an international push to improve helicopter safety, the ALERTS (Aircraft Logging and Event Recording for Training and Safety) Vision 1000 flight data monitoring solution was designed in partnership with Eurocopter, an aerospace, defence and helicopter manufacturer.
â€œThe ability to track, record and analyse the exact pitch, roll and yaw of the aircraft provides operators with an incredibly valuable tool to improve the flying performance of student pilots and experienced aviators alike,â€ said Robert Weinmann, embedded systems director for Appareo Systems. â€œAnalog Devicesâ€™ iMEMS gyroscope was selected because it aligned perfectly with the needs of our customers for a small, lightweight gyroscope that was cost-effective and delivered exceptionally accurate performance.â€
According to Analog Devices, the ALERTS Vision 1000 system will be deployed initially in helicopters to capture and analyse large volumes of flight data, including inertial and position information, such as location and pitch/roll attitude, as well as provide acoustic data and cockpit imagery, such as instrument panels and flight controls. The data can then be played back using Appareo Systemsâ€™ AS Flight Analysis 3-D flight virtualisation software to accurately portray the aircraftâ€™s entire flight record.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award