Canadian Helicopters Income Fund (CA:CHL.UN 12.25, -0.20, -1.61%)Â (the “Fund”) is pleased to announce that it has indirectly acquired, through Heli-Welders Canada Ltd. (“Heli-Welders”), substantially all of the assets of Nampa Valley Helicopters, Inc. (“Nampa”) for a purchase price of US$6,700,000, subject to customary post-closing adjustments.
Nampa is a Boise, Idaho-based service center which specializes in the repair and overhaul of Eurocopter dynamic components and which reported revenues of approximately US$4.9 million in its last full fiscal year. Nampa is also recognized as an American Eurocopter service center and is certified by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration and the European Aviation Safety Agency.
Prior to the acquisition, the Fund, through its subsidiary Canadian Helicopters Limited (“CHL”), completed an additional investment in Heli-Welders, thereby increasing its interest in Heli-Welders from 49% to approximately 80%. The proceeds of this additional investment were used by Heli-Welders to complete the acquisition of the Nampa assets through a wholly-owned US subsidiary.
Nampa will be managed by the current management of Heli-Welders, with assistance from the current management of Nampa to ensure a smooth transition.
“Nampa, which is known for high quality work, is an excellent fit with Heli-Welders as both focus on Eurocopter products, including the popular AS350 and niche AS355 aircraft: Heli-Welders on the airframe and Nampa on the dynamic components. The AS350/355 series has achieved significant market penetration throughout the world with a growing fleet of approximately 4,000 aircraft, 47 of which are currently operated by Canadian Helicopters” said Don Wall, President and Chief Executive Officer of Canadian Helicopters. “This transaction builds on previous efforts towards increased diversification for Canadian Helicopters into a niche that is less seasonal, and less dependent on flight operations.”
Founded in 2004, Heli-Welders is a Langley, British Columbia-based airframe repair business primarily specializing in Eurocopter AS350/355 aircraft. CHL acquired a 49% interest in Heli-Welders in April 2009. Heli-Welders is fully certified by Transport Canada and the European Aviation Safety Agency and its focus on aircraft type ensures dedicated service and support of the highest quality. The terms of the ongoing relationship with Heli-Welders’ other shareholders contemplate the potential acquisition by Canadian Helicopters of the balance of the shares in Heli-Welders.
ABOUT CANADIAN HELICOPTERS INCOME FUND
Through Canadian Helicopters Limited, Canadian Helicopters Income Fund is the largest helicopter transportation services company operating in Canada and one of the largest in the world based on the size of its fleet. With over 35 base locations across Canada, Canadian Helicopters provides helicopter services to a broad range of sectors, including emergency medical services, infrastructure maintenance, utilities, oil and gas, mining, forestry and construction. In addition to helicopter transportation services, Canadian Helicopters operates three flight schools, provides third party repair and maintenance services in Canada and provides military support in Afghanistan. With over 60 years of experience, Canadian Helicopters is an industry leader in establishing safety standards and operating procedures.
This press release contains forward-looking statements relating to the future performance of the Fund. Forward-looking statements, specifically those concerning future performance, intentions regarding investments and management, are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, and actual results may differ materially. Consequently, readers should not place any undue reliance on such forward-looking statements. In addition, these forward-looking statements relate to the date on which they were made. The Fund disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise unless being required by applicable laws.
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger