DART Helicopter Services is pleased to announce that their affiliated partner, DART Aerospace Ltd., has received Transport Canada, FAA and EASA approval for the redesign of their Top Mounted GPS Gimbal Mount for Garmin GPSMAP 296/396/496 for installation on Bell 204/205/212/214/412 aircraft models.
DART Aerospace has undertaken to update the design of their centre post mounted GPS receiver gimbal mount to allow the system more versatility in accepting current GPS receiver systems.Â Additionally, the GPS receiver mount can accommodate either a single GPS receiver, viewable by pilot or co-pilot, or dual receiver option allow for the simultaneous installation of two receivers that may be viewed by both pilot and co-pilot.Â The ball-mount system results in the receivers being adjustable to suit the varied requirements of all crew members.Â Once the desired position is achieved, the mount may be locked
The DART system installs on the centre windshield post and includes a mounting bracket, single or double ball mounts and socket arms.Â The DART GPS receiver gimbal mount is designed to accept the GPS cradle mount from the Garmin Yoke Mount which is either supplied with the GPS unit or can be sold separately as an accessory.Â With the installation complete, operators may mount their Garmin GPSMAP 296/396/496 GPS receivers in any aircraft then easily transfer the GPS unit to additional aircraft as required.
The DART GPS receiver gimbal mount allows GPS receiver unit to operate using the antenna supplied with the unit or, optionally, operators may opt for the installation of an external antenna.Â Additionally, the receiver unit may run off battery power or be wired to the aircraft system.
- Compatible with Garmin GPSMAP 296/396/496 supplied cradles
- Single & dual options
- Position locking feature
- Ideal viewing position
Allows for easy removal and reinstallation of GPS receiver unit
â€œWith the current industry focus on safety and situational awareness, the DART GPS receiver gimbal mount is an ideal mounting system that is STC certified, cost effective and functional for both aircraft owner/operators and for the crew themselves.â€Â Quote Bill Beckett, General Manager, DART Aerospace Ltd.
DART Helicopter Services LLC., 4650 North Avenue, Oceanside, CA 92056 (www.darthelicopterservices.com), is a privately held Sales, Marketing and Manufacturing Company whose primary focus is developing innovative STCâ€™d products and creating sales networks for aerospace manufacturers who are looking to benefit from DARTâ€™s global marketing network and sales channel.Â DART is the logical choice for rotary wing operators who are seeking a supplier with a comprehensive product line and superior customer support. DARTâ€™S subsidiary and affiliated companies own over 450 STCâ€™s and manufacture over 500 products.Â With its highly trained and knowledgeable North American and International sales team, DART Helicopter Services distributes more than 3,000 aftermarket products to over 120 countries worldwide. For further information, please call our Customer Support Center at 1 (800) 556 4166 or 1 (613) 632 3336 or by e-mail at [email protected]
- Boost introduces Bell 212/412 Dual Hook Human External Cargo System
- Astronics Max-Viz 2300 Enhanced Vision System Receives Amended STC for Bell
- Babcock extends South Australia contract
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Leonardo AB412 – EASA AD 2020-0192 – Electrical Power – Cable Assembly
- Bell 205, 205, 212, 214, 412 – FAA AD 2020-16-10 – Shoulder harness
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI Receives FAA STC for Bell 212 and 412
- Triumph To Provide Mechanical Flight Controls For Multiple Bell Platforms
- AAT delivers first Bell 412 EMS interior to Montenegro military
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Astronautics to provide integrated flight display system for Bell 412EPX
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- Astronautics Nears FAA Approval on STC for RoadRunner EFI on Bell 212 and 412
- Genesys Aerosystems’ Modernized Avionics Suite Achieved STC in Bell 412EP & 412
- 25-Oct-19 FAC0006 Bell 412 Albán, Colombia (6F)
- Canada to extend life of Armed Forces Bell 412 fleet
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Montenegrin Air Force adds three Bell 412s
- ACE Training Centre adds new AW139 and B412 approvals
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration