Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant, part of the Russian Helicopter Industry holding, three consecutive years was recognized by the Russian Federation Ministry for Industry and Trade Russia’s Best Exporter. This time UUAP won the contest as Russia’s Best Exporter to CIS in the aircraft industry.
Over the past three years, plant won an exporters contest in all declared nominations. In 2007 UUAP was named the Best Exporter in the Industry, but in 2008 it was awarded the mark as the Most Dynamically Developing Exporter. And now the company has become the Best Exporter to the CIS countries.
Mi-171 helicopters manufactured in Ulan-Ude are very popular among customers in CIS market. Thus, in 2009 a total annual sale of UUAP to these countries has increased in 2.3 times, sales geography expanded, the number of customers increased.
In 2009 Azerbaijan was the CIS’s largest buyer of Mi-171 helicopters manufactured at UUAP. Five helicopters in different versions were delivered to this country. Supplies to Azerbaijan symbolized Russia’s return to helicopter market of the region.
Cooperation with CIS countries was not confined to helicopters’ supply. In 2009 UUAP delivered spare parts to helicopters and aircraft engineering, organized pilots and technical staff training at its own training center.
UUAP and holding company Russian Helicopters plan to strengthen their position in the market of CIS countries. Russian Helicopter Industry is ready to offer customers in these countries both recognized products including Mi-171 helicopters and new advanced models. Thus, the new helicopter Mi-171M would-be-produced at UUAP in 2013, can attract great interest in CIS.
- 25-Nov-20 RF-38376 Mil Mi-8MTV1 Volgograd, Russia
- Georgia Border Police restore weekly Mi-8 flights to Tusheti
- Russian Helicopters launches Mi-8 test operation program in Indonesia
- 20-Aug-20 RA-????? Mil Mi-8 Khakassia, Russia
- Volga-Dnepr delivers two Mi-8s for fire-fighting in Malaysia
- Mil Moscow and UTair-Engineering sign agreement for upgrading Mi-8/17
- 09-Feb-19 ET2015 Mil Mi-17V-5 Abyei, South Sudan (3F)
- Ukrainian Air Forces Returns Rare Mi-8 into Service
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Ukraine Tests New Helicopter Missile Oskol
- Russian Defence Ministry Looks towards Arctic Mi-38 Variant
- 27-May-17 Mil Mi-8 Maritime Territory, Russia
- UTair selects Skytrac fleet monitoring for 46 Mi-8s
- Russian Helicopters assists Mi-8 overhaul in Cuba
- Russian Helicopters to unveil Mi-8MTV-5 with advanced features
- Russian Helicopters to demonstrate new Arctic Mi-8
- Bird Aerosystems to demo Airborne Missile Protection System at Farnborough
- Russian Helicopters to repair Czech military Mi-8s
- Serial Production of the MI-171A2 Will Begin in 2017
- Hungary decides against buying 30 Russian helicopters