In a ceremony held on Tuesday 15 June, Aviation Group No. 8 presented the three new Bell 412 EP helicopters recently incorporated into its endowment to support the fight.
The event took place inside the hangar of the unit and was chaired by the Commander in Chief of the V th Air Brigade, Brigadier General Aviation (A) Manuel QuiÃ±ones Sigala, accompanied by his Chief of Staff, Colonel Aviation (A)Â Christian Gomez and the Commander of Group No. 8 Aviation Group Commander (A) Aldo Carbone and delegations of internal units.
Navigation systems last generation to have these aircraft, extend the capabilities of the unit, “allowing us to operate more safely and efficiently at all times, time and place, both in tactical operations, as in the work of community supportÂ “said Commander Carbone.Â The victims of the earthquake and tsunami in south-central area of our country and the victims of the flood of Tal-Tal, disasters both occurred this year have witnessed reached capacity, feeling “with emotion and gratitude reliefÂ come see these helicopters and their crews from the air with much needed assistance, “added the officer.
Please note that the history of helicopters in the Aviation Group No. 8 goes back to the 60s when the Sikorsky S-55 flew in the Second Region.Â Years later, this aircraft was replaced by the SA-315, until the arrival of the UH-1H that sailed the skies of Antofagasta until 2000 when the first B-412.
The last of the newly acquired Bell 412 EP arrived at the Air Base “Cerro Moreno” on 27 May.The aircraft, whose acquisition is part of the plan of development and modernization of the institution, were armed in the Maintenance Group of the Brigade.
The new material, and its crew, was blessed during the presentation ceremony, the Chaplain of the V Brigade Air Squadron Commander (SR) Hugo Cuevas.
- 25-Oct-19 FAC0006 Bell 412 Albán, Colombia (6F)
- Canada to extend life of Armed Forces Bell 412 fleet
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Montenegrin Air Force adds three Bell 412s
- ACE Training Centre adds new AW139 and B412 approvals
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- TRAXXALL Technologies Announces New Client
- Nigerian Air Force launches second Bell 412
- New developments for the Bell 412
- Bell appoints Abu Dhabi Aviation as CSF for 212s and 412s
- Trakka Systems announces EASA certification for B212 and B412
- Milestone leases two Bell 412s to FAASA for firefighting
- Norwegian Bell helicopters to be maintained by Patria
- Dart updates landing gear approvals for Bell 412 higher gross weight
- Canadian Defence Minister wants B412 and AW101 upgrades
- FlightSafety expands initial NVG training to B212/B412 and Airbus H135
- Bell commercial deliveries 35% down in 2016