Sikorsky Helitech, a Sikorsky Aerospace Services company based in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, announced today a distribution agreement with The Timken Company for bearing inspection, overhaul and reconditioning services throughout the Australasian region. Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS) is the aftermarket division of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
â€œCombining Timkenâ€™s range of bearing repair services with our OEM expertise and capabilities positions SAS to offer customized repair programs for fixed and rotary-wing customers in the Australia-Pacific basin. This teaming effort demonstrates our continued commitment to supply single-source solutions to our global customers,â€ said David Adler, president of Sikorsky Aerospace Services.
Providing aftermarket support to customers in Australia and the Asia Pacific region, Sikorsky Helitech will offer a seamless interface to the local and regional customer base. Additionally, Sikorsky Helitech will carry an extensive inventory of bearings at its Brisbane location to facilitate and expedite regional overhauls and exchanges.
â€œFor more than 70 years, Timken has been serving aerospace customers for a variety of platforms. Our Aerospace Aftermarket Solutions group offers reconditioning services and comprehensive inventory of high-quality replacement parts. We are pleased to collaborate with Sikorsky Aerospace Services and Sikorsky Helitech to enable customers in Australia and adjoining regions to benefit from our bearing repair solutions,â€ said Scott Radcliffe, Bearing Repair Product Manager.
The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR, http://www.timken.com) keeps the world turning with innovative friction management and power transmission products and services, enabling its customersâ€™ machinery to perform more efficiently and reliably. With sales of $3.1 billion in 2009, operations in 26 countries/territories and approximately 17,000 employees, Timken is Where You TurnÂ® for better performance.
Sikorsky Aerospace Services, a Sikorsky company, provides comprehensive support to rotary and fixed wing operators around the world. It offers its military and commercial customers a full portfolio of support services, including material distribution, maintenance, overhaul & repair, aircraft modifications and life-cycle support.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation