The Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance (TVACAA) will be able to save more lives from July after the announcement that its current daily operational flight time will rise from 10 to 12 hours a day.
Cost, flight regulations and the inability to fly in the hours of darkness are all factors influencing the deployment of the air ambulance but the longer daylight hours in the summer allows longer flying time.
Pat Conafray, Head of Fundraising at TVACAA said: â€œIncident rates increase in the summer and longer daylight hours mean that more people are out and about on the roads and undertaking outdoor activities that can lead to accidents.
â€œThe wonderful generosity of the people of Berkshire, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire has enabled us to increase our flying time and to further improve the service we provide for them.â€
The Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance will begin its 12 hour operation between 7am and 7pm on Monday 5th July 2010 and will continue until 5th October 2010.
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Devon Air Ambulance resumes ops – EC135s fitted with separation screens
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- EC135 Reduced mandatory maintenance and flight checks
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- Polish Border Guard adds Airbus H135
- Gozo EMS operation upgrading to EC135
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- NASA orders three Airbus H135s
- EASA approves STC for Trakka TLX searchlight on EC135
- Cayman Police replace damaged EC135 wtih second H145
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Airbus launches retrofit solution for EC135 Electrical Master Boxes
- Metro first to STC H135 T3H Air Medical Interior
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- 24-Feb-19 9H-VIP Airbus EC135 Valetta, Malta