The Czech Police Aviation Department (CPAD) is celebrating two key milestones this month: its 75th year of service, and the 10,000th flight hour logged by the departmentâ€™s Eurocopter EC135 helicopter fleet.
With the CPADâ€™s broad operational responsibilities â€“ which range from aerial surveillance and emergency medical airlift to firefighting and search & rescue â€“ its eight EC135s have demonstrated their flexibility in performing police and parapublic missions since entering service with the department in 2004.
â€œThe Czech Police Aviation Department was the first law enforcement organization in Eastern Europe to select Eurocopter helicopters for this type of mission. We are particularly proud to recognize the agency â€“ with whom we have established a true partnership – as it celebrates these two important milestones,â€ said Olivier Michalon, Eurocopter Vice President Eastern-Mediterranean Europe & Central Asia.
Eurocopter has established a close industrial relationship in the Czech Republic since 2003, which includes contracting the in-country production of components that include hardware for Ecureuil helicopters and doors for Airbus jetliners. This work is assigned to both large and small Czech companies, supporting the countryâ€™s industrial growth and contributing to the development of its economy.
In addition to the CPADâ€™s eight EC135s, the agency also operates two Eurocopter BO-105 helicopters as part of its rotary-wing aircraft fleet.
Established in 1992, the Franco-German-Spanish Eurocopter Group is a Division of EADS, a world leader in aerospace, defence and related services. The Eurocopter Group employs approx. 15,600 people. In 2009, Eurocopter confirmed its position as the worldâ€™s No. 1 helicopter manufacturer in the civil and parapublic market, with a turnover of 4.6 billion Euros, orders for 344 new helicopters, and a 52 percent market share in the civil and parapublic sectors. Overall, the Groupâ€™
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- Polish Border Guard adds Airbus H135
- Gozo EMS operation upgrading to EC135
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- NASA orders three Airbus H135s
- EASA approves STC for Trakka TLX searchlight on EC135
- Cayman Police replace damaged EC135 wtih second H145
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Airbus launches retrofit solution for EC135 Electrical Master Boxes
- Metro first to STC H135 T3H Air Medical Interior
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- 24-Feb-19 9H-VIP Airbus EC135 Valetta, Malta
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s
- 13-Feb-19 D-HJMD Airbus EC135P2 Neustadt an der Orla, Germany
- SPAES procures nine medical racks for EC135 installation
- Airbus EC135 – FAA AD 2013-21-05R1 – Bearings
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Installation of SLANT-console in Airbus EC135