SHELTON, Conn., Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS), the aftermarket division of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., today announced the acquisition of LifePort, Inc., a Washington aircraft accessories manufacturer that specializes in air medical systems, lightweight armor, interior furnishings and EnfliteTM galley equipment for fixed and rotary wing aircraft. This acquisition establishes SASâ€™s new accessories business segment. Sikorsky Aircraft is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
LifePort, which had been privately owned, will operate as â€œLifePort, a Sikorsky Aerospace Services Company,â€ retaining its current executive management team. In addition to its primary facility in Woodland, Washington, LifePort operates additional manufacturing facilities in Georgetown and Plano, Texas.
â€œLifePort has a history of designing, manufacturing, and supporting the highest quality aviation components available in the fixed and rotary wing industries,â€ said David Adler, President of Sikorsky Aerospace Services. â€œThis acquisition illustrates and reaffirms our commitment to offer solutions that are tailored to fit each customerâ€™s requirements. It is â€˜one-stop shoppingâ€™ designed with an eye toward customer responsiveness and satisfaction.â€
Bill Weaver, LifePortâ€™s President and General Manager, said, â€œThis acquisition will enhance LifePortâ€™s ability to provide even more comprehensive, high quality solutions to our worldwide customer base through additional new products, expansion of existing product lines and enhanced levels of customer service. We are excited by how it can enable us to further develop our current team as well as tap into the aerospace expertise of Sikorsky Aerospace Services and United Technologies Corporation.”
Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. LifePortâ€™s revenues for 2009 were about $65 million.
Sikorsky Aerospace Services provides comprehensive support to rotary and fixed wing operators around the world. It offers its military and commercial customers a full portfolio of support services, including material distribution, maintenance, overhaul & repair, aircraft modifications and life-cycle support.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in aircraft design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high-technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
This press release contains forward-looking statements concerning potential production, sale and support of helicopters. Actual results may differ materially from those projected as a result of certain risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to changes in government procurement priorities and practices, budget plans or availability of funding or in the number of aircraft to be built; challenges in the design, development, production and support of advanced technologies; as well as other risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to those detailed from time to time in United Technologies Corporationâ€™s Securities and Exchange Commission filings.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award