WWRE 2010 is an open house and family event sponsored by the Los Alamitos Area Chamber of Commerce and the California National Guard’s Joint Forces Training Base (JFTB). All the activities will take place on the flightline on Los Alamitos Army Airfield (KSLI).
Los Alamitos Army Airfield is the last remaining military airfield in the greater LA/Orange County areas with the longest runways in the OC. The JFTB is also the disaster support area for S. California.
On display will be military aircraft, helicopters, many cars, and warbirds, along with public safety, first responder, and military equipment. Aircraft flyovers are planned including aircraft static displays.
Wings Wheels & Rotors will have various civilian and public safety helicopters with fire, police and military rotorcraft including some of the media aircraft seen daily on the air around SoCal. Along with the airplanes and warbirds are helicopter flights in civilian “choppers” for a small fee and free flights in general aviation airplanes by the Experimental Aircraft Association Young Eagles for youth between the ages of 8 and 17 years who are interested in flying and aviation.
The largest event will be a huge car show including custom cars, new autos, motorcycles, roadsters, antique vehicles, and hot rods. Awards to be presented for best cars. There will be many events for the family at WWRE 2010 along with a Kids Korner. Additionally, there will be food, including breakfast, music, vendors, displays, demonstrations, flybys and other activities on Sunday, 24 October.
A portion of the proceeds will go to the JFTB Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR) funds for armed forces personnel on the base. Sponsor opportunities and vendor space available. Check with the Los Al Chamber of Commerce at 562-598-6659.
Free admission, free parking. Donations accepted. No Smoking,dogs,bikes or alcohol permitted. Open to the public. Picture I.D. required to enter the base
see also http://www.wwrexpo.net/
SUNDAY, 24 OCTOBER, 2010 from 9:00 A.M. TO 4:00 P.M.
LOS ALAMITOS ARMY AIRFIELD, JOINT FORCES TRAINING BASE
California National Guard
11200 Lexington Drive (for Map Quest)
Los Alamitos, California 90720-5000Â (OC Thomas Guide, pp 797)
(Katella at Lexington Dr)
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants