WWRE 2010 is an open house and family event sponsored by the Los Alamitos Area Chamber of Commerce and the California National Guard’s Joint Forces Training Base (JFTB). All the activities will take place on the flightline on Los Alamitos Army Airfield (KSLI).
Los Alamitos Army Airfield is the last remaining military airfield in the greater LA/Orange County areas with the longest runways in the OC. The JFTB is also the disaster support area for S. California.
On display will be military aircraft, helicopters, many cars, and warbirds, along with public safety, first responder, and military equipment. Aircraft flyovers are planned including aircraft static displays.
Wings Wheels & Rotors will have various civilian and public safety helicopters with fire, police and military rotorcraft including some of the media aircraft seen daily on the air around SoCal. Along with the airplanes and warbirds are helicopter flights in civilian “choppers” for a small fee and free flights in general aviation airplanes by the Experimental Aircraft Association Young Eagles for youth between the ages of 8 and 17 years who are interested in flying and aviation.
The largest event will be a huge car show including custom cars, new autos, motorcycles, roadsters, antique vehicles, and hot rods. Awards to be presented for best cars. There will be many events for the family at WWRE 2010 along with a Kids Korner. Additionally, there will be food, including breakfast, music, vendors, displays, demonstrations, flybys and other activities on Sunday, 24 October.
A portion of the proceeds will go to the JFTB Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR) funds for armed forces personnel on the base. Sponsor opportunities and vendor space available. Check with the Los Al Chamber of Commerce at 562-598-6659.
Free admission, free parking. Donations accepted. No Smoking,dogs,bikes or alcohol permitted. Open to the public. Picture I.D. required to enter the base
see also http://www.wwrexpo.net/
SUNDAY, 24 OCTOBER, 2010 from 9:00 A.M. TO 4:00 P.M.
LOS ALAMITOS ARMY AIRFIELD, JOINT FORCES TRAINING BASE
California National Guard
11200 Lexington Drive (for Map Quest)
Los Alamitos, California 90720-5000Â (OC Thomas Guide, pp 797)
(Katella at Lexington Dr)
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505