Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. today announced its German Multi-Role Helicopter Team (GMRHT), consisting of several partnership agreements that will work together to introduce the Cyclone multi-role helicopter into Germany. The team collectively is offering a comprehensive solution for the requirements of the German Navy and Air Force. Sikorsky Aircraft is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
In June, Sikorsky finalized partnership agreements with Tier One German and European defence companies, Rheinmetall Defence Group, RUAG, MTU Aero Engines (MTU), and ZFL.
â€œTogether with General Dynamics Canada, our international integrated mission systems partner, the team is continuing to identify and select German companies to partner with on this initiative,â€ said Joseph Gigantelli, Sikorsky Vice President, European Sales. â€œWe believe we have a strong team and an equally strong offering of products and services for the German armed forces. We intend to provide Germany with the best technology that is available in-country and from around the world, and in doing so, provide a technologically superior aircraft.â€
The Cyclone helicopter provides multi-mission capabilities including anti-submarine warfare, anti-surface warfare, and search and rescue. The aircraft is a derivative of the S-92Â® helicopter, which gets its basic design from the BLACK HAWK helicopter, a proven, rugged and durable aircraft.
Among the features of the Cyclone aircraft are enhanced rotor and drive designs, bird strike protection, a flaw- and damage-tolerant design, and protection from turbine bursts. In addition, the aircraft have crashworthy seats, crash-resistant fuel systems, and High Intensity Radio Frequency (HIRF) and lightning protection.
Sikorsky has been growing its European business activities over the last several years. In 2007, PZL Mielec in Poland became a Sikorsky company and is the future manufacturer of the S-70iTM BLACK HAWK helicopter. Sikorsky also is actively exploring business opportunities for strategic European partners for component manufacturing and service centers for the entire Sikorsky product line.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in aircraft design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high-technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK
- HM Coastguard flies first UK unmanned SAR missions
- ITP Aero wins engine MRO contract for CHC S-92s and AW189s
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- Babcock wins major new North Sea helicopter contract from Bristow
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips
- Sikorsky Honours S92 Operators
- Sikorsky introduces S-92A+ and S-92B upgrades
- First Sikorsky S92 retired from active service
- 13-Dec-19 G-WNSV Sikorsky S92 Sumburgh, UK
- 25-Oct-19 5N-BOA Sikorsky S92 Port Hardcourt, Nigeria
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- 18-Feb-10 Sikorsky H-92 Kauai, US-Hawaii
- HeliTSA starts S92 maintenance training in Australia, secures own Part 147 approval
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Milestone grows S92 fleet to 95 Helicopters
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Thai Aviation Services begins S-92 helicopter training