MD Helicopters, Inc (MDHI) has announced the delivery a new MD 500EÂ® to the Pasadena Police Department, Pasadena, California.
The Pasadena Police Air Support Unit conducted substantial research to identify helicopters that could operate with reduced noise and meet their law enforcement needs.Â According to Pasadena Air Operations OIC, Captain Bob Mulhall, â€œThe MD 500E was selected for a variety of reasons.Â Its speed, durability, maneuverability and overall performance are unmatched in the light turbine class.Â Just as important in the urban environment is the MD 500Eâ€™s noise signature.Â Thatâ€™s why the department selected the four-bladed quiet tail rotor system.â€
The Pasadena Police equipped their new MD 500E with a forward-looking infrared (FLIR), NightSun SX-16,Â Paravion ARS moving map, TDFM 7000 tactical radio and other advanced technology police equipment.
Captain Mulhall, Sergeant Mike Ingram and Mark Golustian, Director of Maintenance were on hand for the factory acceptance ceremony hosted by MDHI President, Robert Molsbergen. â€œWe are honored that the Pasadena Police Department has joined the growing list of MD 500E users,â€ said Lynn Tilton, Chief Executive Officer, MD Helicopters, Inc.Â â€œThis aircraft will provide the City with a safe, reliable, quiet aircraft, clearly capable of performing their law enforcement mission, while keeping operational costs to a minimum.â€
About MD Helicopters, Inc.
MD Helicopters, Inc., is a leading manufacturer of commercial and military helicopters.Â The MDHI family of rotorcraft is world renowned for its value, versatility and performance.Â The MD Helicopters family includes the twin-engine MD ExplorerÂ®, and single engine versions of the MD 600NÂ®, MD 520NÂ®, MD 500EÂ® and MD 530FÂ®. The NOTARÂ® system for anti-torque control is used exclusively by MD Helicopters. The Company is based in Mesa, Ariz.Â For more information about MDHI visit http://www.mdhelicopters.com .
About Patriarch Partners LLC
The Patriarch platform is a vertically integrated private equity firm with robust in-house operational turnaround expertise. Patriarch Partners, founded in 2000, was built upon a proprietary patented financial model designed to manage and monetize the distressed portfolios of financial institutions. Patriarch has since evolved into a global investment firm that concentrates on direct investments in distressed businesses with the focus to rebuild them, managing funds with over $7 billion of equity and secured loan assets with equity investments in more than 70 companies, and controlling interests in approximately two-thirds of these.Â For more information, please visit http://www.patriarchpartners.com.
- Tiger Tugs continues to grow with new product launches
- MD500 Dual Cargo Hook kit with Y-Rope from Onboard Systems
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- Trakka announces FAA STC for the MD500
- FAA approves Onboard Systems MD500 Hooks with Surefire Release
- Onboard Systems MD500 Cargo Hook Kits Receive FAA Certification
- MDHI Reveals New MD 6XX at Heli-Expo
- JSSI launches maintenance program for MD500 and MD600
- Aero Precision to supply LORD products for Korean MD500s
- 27-Jun-15 MD Helicopters MD500 Poerua Glacier, New Zealand
- Sunset Aviation Service launches new website
- Phoenix Heliparts Offers Cost-Effective Component Support
- Tiger Tug launches new mover just for md 500 series helicopters
- MD540A to be displayed at Commemorative Air Force Museum event
- South African pair to apply for bail in Zimbabwe over buried MD500
- 04-May-14 MD Helicopters MD500 West Nicholson, Zimbabwe
- Phoenix Heliparts and RSG sign STC Agreement for MD500 Vapor Cycle Air Conditioning Units
- Invitation to HTC Technical Briefing at Heli-Expo
- US Dept Homeland Security selling four MD500Es
- Skye Avionics receives FAA STC for MD500 LED Light