MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announced that its popular MD 500E to MD 530F helicopter conversion program has added a new member. The San Diego County Sheriffs Department’s A.S.T.R.E.A (Aerial Support to Regional Enforcement Agencies) division took delivery of its freshly converted MD 530F helicopter early this month.
The helicopter, purchased new by the Sheriff’s Department in 2000, arrived at MD Helicopters Mesa Service Center on March 11, 2010. Over the course of eight weeks, the 4300 hour MD 500E model underwent a series of detailed inspections and modifications in order to support certification as an MD 530F. The modifications included the installation of new blades, stabilizers and a new Rolls Royce 250-C30HU engine.
According to Lieutenant David McNary, “The decision to convert was easy for us. We already understood the performance benefits of the MD 530F having two others in our current fleet. Conversion of our E model to an F model, will allow us to perform our missions without compromise even under the most extreme hot and high conditions.”
MD 500E to 500F Conversions – Available exclusively through the MD Helicopters factory, the E-F upgrade allows owners of MD 500E’s the option of factory recertification as a new MD 530F. Over a period of just a few weeks, the MD Helicopters factory Service Center will perform airframe modifications to the latest standards, install a Rolls Royce 250-C30HU engine, complete all scheduled airframe inspections and certify the aircraft as an MD 530F. The converted aircraft’s increased performance and payload will immediately expand mission capabilities.
About MD Helicopters, Inc.
MD Helicopters, Inc., is a leading manufacturer of commercial and military helicopters. The MDHI family of rotorcraft is world renowned for its value, versatility and performance. The MD Helicopters family includes the twin-engine MD Explorer®, and single engine versions of the MD 600N®, MD 520N®, MD 500E® and MD 530F®. The NOTAR® system for anti-torque control is used exclusively by MD Helicopters. The Company is based in Mesa, Ariz. For more information about MDHI visit http://www.mdhelicopters.com
- Tiger Tugs continues to grow with new product launches
- MD500 Dual Cargo Hook kit with Y-Rope from Onboard Systems
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- Trakka announces FAA STC for the MD500
- FAA approves Onboard Systems MD500 Hooks with Surefire Release
- Onboard Systems MD500 Cargo Hook Kits Receive FAA Certification
- MDHI Reveals New MD 6XX at Heli-Expo
- JSSI launches maintenance program for MD500 and MD600
- Aero Precision to supply LORD products for Korean MD500s
- 27-Jun-15 MD Helicopters MD500 Poerua Glacier, New Zealand
- Sunset Aviation Service launches new website
- Phoenix Heliparts Offers Cost-Effective Component Support
- Tiger Tug launches new mover just for md 500 series helicopters
- MD540A to be displayed at Commemorative Air Force Museum event
- South African pair to apply for bail in Zimbabwe over buried MD500
- 04-May-14 MD Helicopters MD500 West Nicholson, Zimbabwe
- Phoenix Heliparts and RSG sign STC Agreement for MD500 Vapor Cycle Air Conditioning Units
- Invitation to HTC Technical Briefing at Heli-Expo
- US Dept Homeland Security selling four MD500Es
- Skye Avionics receives FAA STC for MD500 LED Light