AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that Samsung Techwin Co. of South Korea has taken delivery of a second AW139 medium twin engine helicopter. A ceremony on the 30th June 2010 held at Samsung facilities in Seoul Gimpo airport was held to mark the entry into service of the second AW139 helicopter. This aircraft will join the first one delivered in October 2009 to perform corporate transport missions and replace ageing helicopters in the same category.
AgustaWestlandâ€™s Head of Region, NE Asia, Andrew Symonds. said â€The Samsung AW139 contract is a significant achievement for AgustaWestland in Korea and we expect this success to lead to further orders in the corporate transportation and VIP market.â€
Samsungâ€™s order was the first one for the type in the commercial market in South Korea, further expanding the rapidly growing success of the best selling medium twin, following orders in the government market placed by the Korea Coast Guard, Gangwon Fire Fighting Department and Gyeonggi Fire Fighting Department. Samsung Techwinâ€™s aviation department is an importantÂ commercial helicopter operator in South Korea providing passenger, cargo and VIP transportation services as well as EMS services with an outstanding safety record. The selection of the AW139 by Samsung confirms its ability to satisfy the most stringent requirements in terms of performance, safety, payload and comfort.
A new generation medium twin-turbine helicopter setting new standards against which all new medium twin are measured, the AW139 has been designed with inherent multi-role capability and flexibility of operation, offering unmatched performance and safety levels as well as the largest and the most comfortable cabin in its class. State-of-the-art mission-dedicated technology and equipment and outstanding performance features enable the AW139 to accomplish its mission in demanding conditions. Orders for more than 460 AW139s have been placed by over 130 customers from almost 50 countries for many applications including VIP/corporate transport, EMS/SAR, law enforcement, offshore transport, fire fighting, utility and other commercial and government roles.
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders
- Coptersafety appoints a new full-time flight instructor
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- Toll Helicopters and Seeing Machines have joined forces
- CHC Australia completes roll out of Leonardo AW139
- DART launches its new AW139 Skylight Window
- LCI Grows Australia-Based helicopter fleet
- Gulf Helicopters has selected SKYTRAC to Equip Fleet
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- Babcock wins five year Australia contract with two AW139s
- Heli-Union wins long-term Perenco AW139 contract in Gabon
- Babcock exits southern North Sea operations
- 02-Feb-19 5N-CML Leonardo AW139 Kabba, Nigeria
- 29-Dec-18 Leonardo AW139 Jebel Jais, UAE (4F)
- LA Fire Department adds 5th AW139 helicopter
- Italian National Fire Corps to enhance its emergency multirole airborne capabilities