Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. announced today that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabiaâ€™s Ministry of Interior (MOI) has signed a contract to procure 12 S-76DTM helicopters and has taken options to acquire eight additional S-76D aircraft. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
The aircraft will perform security, transport and other missions. Delivery of the first helicopter is scheduled for early 2012.
â€œWeâ€™re truly honored to work with the MOI and proud to be announcing the largest S-76D fleet order to date,â€ said Shane Eddy, vice president of Sikorsky Global Helicopters. â€œWe appreciate the opportunity to show that the S-76D helicopter will provide the superior performance and capability that the MOI requires and is well-suited for operations throughout the region.â€
The S-76D helicopter is the latest model in the highly successful S-76Â® helicopter line. Sikorsky has produced and delivered nearly 800 S-76 helicopters. Among the S-76D helicopterâ€™s features are all-composite, flaw-tolerant main rotor blades; an advanced Thales avionics system and autopilot; dual rotor speed for quiet mode operation with active vibration control; powerful Pratt & Whitney 210S engines; a quiet mode; and an optional Rotor Ice Protection System (RIPS) for all-weather capability. The S-76D helicopter also will offer an increase in useful load and extended range performance versus the S-76C+TM and S-76C++TM aircraft currently fielded.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
This release contains forward looking statements that involve uncertainties and that could change including the development of new technologies and execution of contract terms. These uncertainties could affect investment decisions and outcomes.
- Wheels Up partners with HeliFlite
- 18-Mar-19 C9-HEI Sikorsky S76A Beira, Mozambique
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- Costa do Sol Taxi Aero selects SKYTRAC Real-Time Flight Data Monitoring
- Universal Avionics ground testing completed on Heli-One S76B
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sikorsky Recognizes Helijet for 30 Years of Safe S-76 Flight Operations
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Canadian Helicopters renews Nova Scotia EMS contract
- Governor Cuomo Helicopter Request Denied
- Helijet extends flights between Nanaimo and Vancouver
- Sikorsky Helicopter Maintenance Trainer Advances Engineering Program
- Associated Aircraft Group expands offerings in the Northeast