Put a face to a name! Shake hands with the hiring authorities! Get your resume into the right hands of the right people!
Sponsored by Rotorcraft Pro Media Network and Bristow Group. Produced by the team from Verticalreference.com and Justhelicopters.com, comes a two day Helicopter Career Development Seminar and Networking Event in Las Vegas, NV, October 31 & November 1, 2010, for Helicopter Pilots, Mechanics and Operators titled â€œHeli-Success.â€
Seminar Producer Lyn Burks said, â€œAs a veteran helicopter pilot and industry recruiter, I see so many people in this industry entering various job markets who are ill informed about their career path options. Additionally, they are not prepared to present themselves to the hiring authorities. First impressions and presentation are everything and we want to give the new generation the tools to make them more competitive and successful in the real world of helicopters.â€
This educational seminar is designed to offer helicopter industry professionals, who may be in the early stages or a transition phase of their career, an opportunity for learning and networking. It is also geared toward those who are looking for inside information which may give them a competitive edge in the helicopter industry hiring process. It will focus on several areas that can make or break helicopter industry personnel in their quest for career success.
- Networking â€“ Do or Die!
- Tips for Pilots transitioning from Military to Civilian.
- Professionalism and Attitude: Recipe for Success!
- Resumes Tips, tricks and advice from the pro’s.
- Success in the Oil Patch: What to expect in the Gulf of Mexico. What they are looking for in a Pilot.
- Advancement in the Helicopter Insdustry: Career Tracks.
- Success flyng Tours. What to expect in the Tour Business. What they are looking for in a Pilot.
- Careers in Advanced Flight Training.
- So you want to be an EMS Pilot? What to expect.
- Becoming a Firefighting or Utility Pilot.
- Habits of great Pilots and Mechanic: Basic Survival 101.
- Corporate Flying â€“ Is it who you know?
- Opportunities in Law Enforcement.
Lyn Burks also said, â€œSo far we have received tremendous support from the Industry for this much needed product. In addition to myself, we have guest speakers from several of the largest players in the helicopter industry including Bristow Group, Air Methods Corporation, Evergreen Helicopters, Med-Trans, Flight Safety International, and Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters just to name a few.â€
- Lyn Burks – Veteran Helicopter Pilot, ATP/CFII, Helicopter Industry Recruiter, Owner/Developer of Justhelicopters.com, Verticalreference.com, Justhelicopters.TV, Helicoptersalaries.com
- Randy Rowles, MBA â€“ Pilot Examiner, ATP, Gold Seal CFII, Master CFI, VP Business Development/Night Flight Concepts
- Jim Palmer â€“ Thirty plus years experience in the helicopter aviation industry in the Gulf of Mexico; Human Resources Representative and Pilot Recruiter; currently employed as Asst. Manager of Human Resources with the Bristow Groupâ€™s Gulf of Mexico Business Unit, one of the largest helicopter operators in the world. Mr. Palmer also worked for Petroleum Helicopters (PHI).
- Chris Bassett – Veteran Helicopter Pilot & Chief Pilot of Air Methods Corporation. Air Methods is the World’sÂ largest Air Ambulance Operator.
- Michael Gullotti â€“ Chief Pilot of Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters, NV Division. Papillon Helicopters is the World’s largest Helicopter Tour Operator.
- Barry Lloydâ€“ Forty-four year veteran helicopter pilot with experience in both civilian and military operations. USFS/CDF fire carded pilot for over 33 years. Certified Accident Investigator. Presently an FAA Designated Pilot Examiner, as well as Training Pilot and Part 135 Check Airman for several helicopter operators.
- Heidi Ames – Pilot Hiring Manager for Med-Trans Corporation, a Nationwide Part 135 EMS Operator.ã€€ Master Army Aviator with 18 years civilian and military experience. Regional Aviation Manager, Check Airman and Day, Night, NVG Instructor Pilot.
- Janie Foster â€“ Bell 412 Captain with Evergreen Helicopters in Alaska.
- Larry KarpmanÂ – Human Resources/Recruitment, Flight Safety International. Since founded in 1951 Flight Safety Intl. has grown to become the worlds largest civilian aviation training company.
- ONSITE RESUME CONSULTANT – Chris Fischer; a helicopter pilot, author, and technical writer will be available during the entire event providing one on one resume consults with attendees. There is no charge for this service!
Who might this seminar benefit? Students presently in a Pro Pilot Training Program. Flight Instructors getting ready to break out of the training environment and into the real world.Â Pilots and Mechanics considering transferring to other sectors of the industry. i.e., GOM to EMS. Pilots and Mechanics transitioning from Military to Civilian. Professionals wanting to meet the Helicopter Operator Hiring Authorities at the Operator/Attendee Networking event.
Included in Seminar/Networking Event Package:
- 2 Day Career Development Seminar
- SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS: Two seminar attendees will be awarded Scholarship Funding (amounts TBA) for advanced helicopter training.
- FREE Ebook titled “Your Resume vs. The Helicopter Industry! Resume Guide for Helicopter Pilots and Mechanics”
- FREE Catered Lunch on Day 1
- FREE ENTRY into Employer/Attendee Networking Event
- Course Materials and Sponsor Products
- Discounted room rate ($59) at the host hotel, The Riviera Resort, Casino & Conference Center
Civil, News, Recruitment, Top, US-Nevada