Humberside Police Authorityâ€™s MD Explorer has just returned to service after a 10,000 hour inspection conducted by Police Aviation Services Ltd (PAS) in Gloucestershire UK.
The helicopter is one of the busiest MD 902 Explorers in service and is now the second to have achieved the 10,000 hour milestone. PAS undertook a major role equipment update in 2008 and has been maintaining the helicopter since the company originally equipped and delivered it in 2001.
Commenting on the high availability of the helicopter, Sara Whiting, Deputy Unit Executive Officer at Humberside Policeâ€™s Air Operations Section, stated that she is extremely happy with the Explorer.
â€œIt is the perfect helicopter for its roleâ€ and is â€œextremely reliable. It is popular with all of the pilots and crew and flies over 1200 hours per year. In the last month it flew 131 hours in response to 425 tasks, which resulted in the location of 58 offenders, 4 stolen vehicles and 17 missing persons.â€
Henk Schaeken, PAS Managing Director added â€œWe are very proud to have helped Humberside in reaching this milestone. Such high utilisation is only achievable by keeping on top of the maintenance and being able to respond straightaway when we have to. This is down to the hard work of our maintenance teams and support staff both out in the field and back in the office.â€
About Police Aviation Services Ltd
Police Aviation Services Ltd is part of the Specialist Aviation Services Group and sister company to Medical Aviation Services Ltd. The UK based group specialises in Emergency Services Air Support and operates and maintains 20 Explorers on a 24/7 basis throughout the UK.
For more information about PAS visit: www.specialist-aviation.com
- Tanis receives STC for MD902 Preheat System
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017
- CoxHealth adds second MD Explorer
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance confirms sale of 2 MD902 Helicopters
- Hungarian Police introduce MD902 fleet bought pre-owned from Germany
- Busiest Day in the Year for Lincolnshire and Nottingham Air Ambulance
- Londons Air Ambulance wins Pride of Britain Award
- London Air Ambulance boss quits
- Cornwall Air Ambulance make milestone 26,000th rescue
- JSSI increases helicopter coverage
- Hungarian Police buys five pre-owned MD Explorers
- Londons Air Ambulance launches photo competition for 2017 calendar
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance go 24×7 – but on four wheels
- Name for second MD Explorer announced by London Air Ambulance
- Cornwall Air Ambulance extends HQ with help of banking fines
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust to replace MD Explorer with AW169
- Universal Avionics flies MD902 with InSight Integrated Flight Deck
- Cornwall Air Ambulance recruits eight doctors
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance orders second H145
- UK Police evolves as two more bases close as planned