Northrop Grumman Systems Corp., Rolling Meadows, Ill., is being awarded an undefinitized contract action with an estimated value of $77,655,380 for the procurement of 121 AN/AAQ-24(V) 25 Guardian laser transmitter assemblies for installation on CH-53D, CH-53E, and CH-46E helicopters, including associated technical data.Â The guardian laser transmitter assembly, a component of the large aircraft infrared countermeasures, is a next-generation directable laser-based countermeasures system for protecting helicopters and some fixed-wing aircraft from man-portable air defense systems.
Work will be performed in Rolling Meadows, Ill. (39 percent); Edinburgh, Scotland (16.8 percent); Goleta, Calif. (10 percent); Blacksburg, Va. (9.4 percent); Boulder, Colo. (7.1 percent); Dallas, Texas (5.5 percent); Lewisburg, Tenn. (2 percent); Apopka, Fla. (1.8 percent); Woodland Hills, Calif. (1.3 percent); Tampa, Fla. (1 percent); Santa Clara, Calif. (1 percent); Melbourne, Fla. (1 percent); Wheeling, W.V. (1 percent); and various locations throughout the U.S. (3.1 percent), and is expected to be completed in August 2012.
Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year.Â This contract was not competitively procured.Â The Naval Air Systems Command, Patuxent River Md., is the contracting activity (N00019-10-C-0080).
- 03-Sep-20 ?????? Sikorsky CH-53E Sneads Ferry, US-North Carolina
- Sikorsky awarded $717M Contract for CH-53 and MH-53 Repair Support
- Raytheon Awarded $60M Contract for CH-53 and V-22 Support
- King Stallion and Chinook to battle for Israeli order
- German CH-53 retrofit program to feature Esterline avionics
- Sikorsky expects over 200 export orders for CH-53K
- Airbus awarded contract to retrofit 26 Bundeswehr CH-53 helicopters
- USMC to upgrade all 147 CH-53E helicopters
- CH-53K King Stallion Achieves 27,000 Pound External Lift
- CH-53K load testing continues with 20,000 pound lift
- Sikorsky awarded $16M for US Navy H-53 and H-60 field support
- CH-53K makes first external lift flight
- Sikorsky awarded $25M for long lead items for CH-53K early production
- Triumph Group receives 2016 Supplier Excellence Award from AHS
- German CH-53 upgrades to include FMS and Multi-Function Displays from CMC
- EDA completes Cold Blade 2016 Multinational Helicopter Exercise
- Second CH-53K joins flight test program
- Erickson Elevates Legacy Aircraft Maintenance Services Program
- Super Stallion is worn out, says report
- Two Connecticut Senators urge Germany to buy CH-53K