1-Sep-2010 Source: Sloane Helicopters
Sloane Helicopters Ltd., the UK and Ireland distributors for the Robinson Helicopter Company, is pleased to be able to announce some preliminary performance information for the new Robinson R66 Turbine helicopter.
The Robinson R66 is in the final stages of FAA certification and, as part of the certification programme, some pilots from Robinson operators around the world have taken part in a “Function and Reliability” test programme. Preliminary performance figures are:-
* Maximum all up weight 2,700 lbs. Empty weight 1,280 lbs. Full fuel 493 lbs. Payload with full fuel 927 lbs
* Five seats in a two-plus-three configuration
* Very large baggage compartment -Â maximum load 300 lbs
* VNE above 2,200 lbs 130 Kts. VNE below 2,200 lbs 140 Kts. Cruise speed at MAUW 120Kts
* New Rolls Royce RR 300 engine de-rated by 10% – very simple starting procedure
* Ex-factory base price US$ 790,000
The Robinson R66 helicopter is expected to obtain FAA certification during the next few weeks. Sloane Helicopters Ltd.Â already has access to early deliveries and will shortly be able to provide all the required technical and instructional support.
For the latest news regarding the Robinson R66, please contact Sloane Helicopters on +44 (0)1604 790595 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on Sloane’s products and services please visit our website: www.sloanehelicopters.com