9-Sep-2010 Source: Vector Aerospace
Calgary, Albertaâ€“ Vector Aerospace Corporation (Vector),one of the worldâ€™s leading independent providers of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services is pleased to announce the official opening of Vector Aerospace Engine Services- Atlanticâ€™s newest service center, located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
â€œThe new service center in Calgary will dovetail well with our existing network located throughout North America and Africa,â€ says Glenn Hawley, manager of Vectorâ€™s Service Center Network. â€œIt will provide field service and engine repairs on the Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) PT6A and PW100 engine series. As well, the new service center offers PT6A hot section inspections, power section inspections, fuel nozzle testing and borescope inspections, as well as parts distribution for the PT6A and JT15D engines for Western Canada.â€
â€œOur number one priority at Vector Aerospace is to provide complete customer service,â€ says Brian Thompson, president of Vector Aerospace Engine Services-Atlantic. â€œEstablishing a permanent service center in Calgary enables us to be more proactive and responsive to our customers needs in the West; therefore improving overall customer satisfaction and value.â€
In the near future, Vector Aerospace will acquire additional tooling for the new Calgary service center that will enable it to complete hot section repairs for the PW100 engine series.
VIPs scheduled to attend include:
* Brian Thompson, President of Vector Aerospace Engine Services-Atlantic
* Jeff Poirier, Vice-president of customer service for Vector Aerospace Engine Services-Atlantic
* Stephan Poirier, Vice-president and chief commercial officer for the Calgary Airport Authority
* Devinder Shory, Member of Parliament for Calgary-North East
* Western Canadian aircraft operators
* Members of the Calgary business community
A comprehensive overview of Vectorâ€™s capabilities can be viewed at www.vectoraerospace.com