While Facebook should need no introduction, it is important to note that it has progressed well beyond the chit-chat of the 15-25 age group that was originally responsible for its success.Â The fact that it was adapted for use by corporates has lead to the HeliHub.com team recentlyÂ noticing some UK readio advertising which omits a website address, and instead says “find product XYZ on Facebook” – surely confirmation that the website has come of age from a corporate PR point of view?
This opens up a new social media angle for HeliHub.com and adds to what we already do with two feeds on Twitter (one for news and one for safety data), and a fast expanding Photo Gallery on Flickr – now with over 3,400 images on file.Â News headlines – and links to the story text – is also available on RSS Feed and by a daily headlines email.Â Our Facebook page will not only lead us to new contacts but also have a significant help in audience engagement, branding, and awareness.
“We believe our use of Facebook as an avenue to communicate with helicopter industry executives will help us to spread the news that HeliHub.com provides more news and more safety data than any other comparable site on the internetâ€ said Jeremy Parkin, owner of HeliHub.com. â€œThe news of future website expansion will also be more easily distributed and discussedâ€
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database.Â Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s