While Facebook should need no introduction, it is important to note that it has progressed well beyond the chit-chat of the 15-25 age group that was originally responsible for its success.Â The fact that it was adapted for use by corporates has lead to the HeliHub.com team recentlyÂ noticing some UK readio advertising which omits a website address, and instead says “find product XYZ on Facebook” – surely confirmation that the website has come of age from a corporate PR point of view?
This opens up a new social media angle for HeliHub.com and adds to what we already do with two feeds on Twitter (one for news and one for safety data), and a fast expanding Photo Gallery on Flickr – now with over 3,400 images on file.Â News headlines – and links to the story text – is also available on RSS Feed and by a daily headlines email.Â Our Facebook page will not only lead us to new contacts but also have a significant help in audience engagement, branding, and awareness.
“We believe our use of Facebook as an avenue to communicate with helicopter industry executives will help us to spread the news that HeliHub.com provides more news and more safety data than any other comparable site on the internetâ€ said Jeremy Parkin, owner of HeliHub.com. â€œThe news of future website expansion will also be more easily distributed and discussedâ€
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database.Â Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team
- LCI Helicopters closes new $75M financing from CaixaBank
- Mi-38 successfully passed testing in extreme conditions
- The high altitude flight campaign of the new H145 starts in Chile
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- Airbus Helicopters, Inc. and head of North America region appointments
- Sikorsky Awarded $22M Contract for CH-53K Support