Vector Aerospace Helicopter Services-North America (Vector) is pleased to announce that it has been awarded a new contract for overhaul and repair services on the Rolls-Royce (RR) 250 model engines for the City of Houstonâ€™s Police Department Air Support Division; an organization that recently celebrated its 40thyear of service.
Under the terms of the agreement, Vector provides comprehensive RR250 engine repair and overhaul support (including complete test procedures) and parts provisioning for the City of Houstonâ€™s fleet of 10 MD500 helicopters, through to July of 2015.
“Senior Police Officer Dan Schwarzbach; a pilot and budget coordinator for the Air Support Division states, “We are confident that Vector, as a Rolls-Royce Authorized Maintenance Center will provide exceptional maintenance, repair, and overhaul service for our fleet of engines.Â We look forward to working with Vector to deliver seamless, 24/7 airborne law enforcement support to our fellow officers, and the citizens of Houston.”
John MacDougall, Vectorâ€™s senior vice-president of sales and marketing remarks, â€œWe are very pleased to be awarded this contract with the City of Houston, and for the trust they place in us to deliver to their very high standards of quality and professionalism. Vector is very aware of the special operational requirements of organizations such as police flight departments, emergency medical services and similar operators, and we are confident that our extensive experience in supporting flight departments for more than two decades will enable us to offer superior customer satisfaction to the Houston Police
Air Support Division.â€
Vector Aerospace Corporation provides rotary and fixed-wing engine, dynamic component, airframe and avionics maintenance, repair and overhaul support to national, regional and local defense and security operators including the United States (U.S.) Army and Navy, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Special Operations, the Canadian Department of Defense, the United Kingdom Ministry of Defense, Foreign Military Sales (FMS) operators and various international militaries and security departments.
About Vector Aerospace Corporation (â€œVectorâ€)
Vector is a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom and Africa it provides services to commercial and military customers for various types of gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes.
Principal operations include Vector Aerospace Engine Services-Atlantic, Vector Aerospace Engine Services-UK, Vector Aerospace Helicopter Services-North America, Vector Aerospace International Limited and Pathix ASP.Â Vector also provides information technology solutions to an international customer base.
Vector employs approximately 2,500 employees.
A comprehensive overview of Vectorâ€™s capabilities can be viewed at www.vectoraerospace.com
- Tiger Tugs continues to grow with new product launches
- MD500 Dual Cargo Hook kit with Y-Rope from Onboard Systems
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- Trakka announces FAA STC for the MD500
- FAA approves Onboard Systems MD500 Hooks with Surefire Release
- Onboard Systems MD500 Cargo Hook Kits Receive FAA Certification
- MDHI Reveals New MD 6XX at Heli-Expo
- JSSI launches maintenance program for MD500 and MD600
- Aero Precision to supply LORD products for Korean MD500s
- 27-Jun-15 MD Helicopters MD500 Poerua Glacier, New Zealand
- Sunset Aviation Service launches new website
- Phoenix Heliparts Offers Cost-Effective Component Support
- Tiger Tug launches new mover just for md 500 series helicopters
- MD540A to be displayed at Commemorative Air Force Museum event
- South African pair to apply for bail in Zimbabwe over buried MD500
- 04-May-14 MD Helicopters MD500 West Nicholson, Zimbabwe
- Phoenix Heliparts and RSG sign STC Agreement for MD500 Vapor Cycle Air Conditioning Units
- Invitation to HTC Technical Briefing at Heli-Expo
- US Dept Homeland Security selling four MD500Es
- Skye Avionics receives FAA STC for MD500 LED Light