On 20-21 January, 2011, at the Hilton Vienna in Austria, the European Business Aviation Association (EBAA) will host its third regional forum entitled â€œOneÂ Europe: A Roadmap for Aligning East and Westâ€.
During this interactive two-day forum, guest speakers such as Dr. Caspar Einem, president of the Austrian Business Aviation Association; Leonid Koshelev, chairman of the Russian United Business Aviation Association; and Kimon Daniilidis, chairman of the Hellenic Air Carriers Association, will join EBAA Chairman Rodolfo Baviera and EBAA CEO and President Brian Humphries in addressing a range of issues including aircraft financing challenges, achieving industry standards for insurance benefits, and easing access for EasternÂ Europe-based operators into WesternÂ EuropeÂ and vice versa. A full schedule of speakers and discussion points will be released in the coming weeks.
â€œAs the influence of business aviation increases, it is ever-more crucial that European operators regularly convene to discuss challenges and share best practices to ensure safe and fair operations across the breadth ofÂ Europe,â€ says Humphries. â€œIn our ongoing series of regional forums, weâ€™ve selected â€˜OneÂ Europeâ€™ as a theme to emphasize the necessity of harmonizing practices â€“operations, safety, services and pricing â€“ in order to erase distinctions between activities in the North and South or East and West.â€
Forum participants will be encouraged not only to exchange insights but also to help develop a strategic action plan to achieve a standardized treatment and operation of BusAv activities acrossÂ Europe.
â€œThe European National Associations are non-profit organisations and are therefore able to keep fees to a minimum for such regional events, which are run on a â€˜not for profit basisâ€™ unlike other conferences,â€ explains ABAAâ€™s Dr. Caspar Einem. â€œFurthermore all income is channeled directly back into our organisations to further develop activities that directly benefit the business aviation community.
â€œRegional forums are also distinctive because they are meetings in which issues are discussed AND acted upon. They offer a chance for members of the community to speak their minds so that National Associations like the ABAA can advocate on their behalf at local level, and the EBAA can reliably serve as their voice at European and international level.â€
The â€œOneÂ Europeâ€ Forum in Vienna is open to both members and non-members of the European Business Aviation Association. EBAA members, however, have an opportunity to exhibit during the forum as well.
For more information, please contact Romain Martin, EBAA Manager, Convention and Projects at + 32 2 766 0070 orÂ [email protected].
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet