Summit Aviation of Greenwich AeroGroup, announced today it has received AS9100 Aerospace Quality Standard System Certification at its Somerset, Ky., facility.
â€œThis certification demonstrates our commitment to meet or exceed the increasingly stringent industry requirements as a world-class supplier,â€ said President of Summit Aviation Robert Fitzpatrick. â€œThis certification will standardize our quality processes across many of our programs to ensure process and service safety, reliability and quality.â€
AS9100 addresses the diversity and complexity of the industryâ€™s supply chain and takes into consideration the complete life cycle of aerospace products. Summitâ€™s Middletown, DE facility has been AS9100 certified since 2007, and recently has undergone a re-certification audit.
Fitzpatrick added that the increased requirements of AS9100, which builds on ISO 9001:2000 elements, will benefit all of Summit Aviationâ€™s customers, because the standard focuses on critical areas important to all industries such as supply chain management and inventory control.
Summit Aviation – Located in Middletown, Delaware and Somerset, Kentucky, the company offers aircraft and engine maintenance and modification services on Bell, Eurocopter, Sikorsky, Boeing and MD helicopters as well as on Pilatus, Cessna Caravan, Beechcraft King Airs, Beechjets and other light jet model aircraft. The company also provides engine maintenance and support to its customers which include Pratt & Whitney, Turbomeca and others. The company completes light assembly, modification, repair, and manufacturing. News and information are available atwww.summit-aviation.com
About Greenwich AeroGroup
Greenwich AeroGroup, Inc., located in Greenwich, Conn., owns and operates providers of general, commercial, government and military aviation services including: maintenance, avionics and interior refurbishments; fixed base operations; aircraft sales, charter and management; manufacturing and engineering; component repair and overhaul; and parts distribution. Current locations include: Atlantic Aero, Inc., located at Piedmont-Triad International Airport in Greensboro, N.C.; Western Aircraft, Inc., located at Gowen Field in Boise, Idaho; Summit Aviation, Inc., located at Summit Airport in Middletown, Del.; DAC International, Inc., located in Austin, Texas; Matrix Aviation, Inc., located in Wichita, Kan.; Professional Aviation Associates, Inc., located in Atlanta, Ga,; Professional Aircraft Accessories, Inc., located in Titusville, Fla.; NASAM, Inc., located in San Francisco, Calif., and GCCUS Inc. located in Aptos, Calif. News and information are available atÂ www.greenwichaerogroup.com
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team