DART Helicopter Services is pleased to announce that their affiliated partner, DART Aerospace Ltd., has received Transport Canada, FAA and EASA approvals for their Quick Release Heli-Utility Basketâ„¢ for the AS350/AS355 models of helicopters that is compatible with Eurocopter Squirrel Cheeks.
DARTâ€™s new quick release baskets are lighter weight and easier to install than its original baskets and provide increased volume and cargo capacity. Â The new design features a patent pending mounting system that allows one person to quickly install or remove the basket in less than one minute without the use of tools (after initial installation). Â The flat bottom of this square concept basket will easily accommodate many types of cargo. Â The lid is available in two configurations: sturdy expanded stainless steel which allows it to act also as a work platform or, for additional weight savings, with fabric mesh. Â The basket is available in long and short version for maximum versatility.
A video demonstration of the basket installation and removal can be viewed at www.darthelicopterservices.com.
* Compatible with Eurocopter Squirrel Cheeks and DART Spacepodsâ„¢ and concurrent step installation
* 10-20 lb Â lighter without sacrificing cargo capacity
* Basket weight is 48 â€“ 81 lbs (depending on configuration)
* Basket capacity is 200 â€“ 232 lbs (depending on configuration)
* Can be installed or removed Â by one person in less than 1 minute without the use of tools (after initial installation)
* Flat lid doubles as a work platform
* Fabric mesh lid provides further weight reduction
* Approved to be flown LH, RH or both sides simultaneously
* Compatible with Spacepods & other baggage compartment extenders & with sliding doors
* High gloss white scratch resistant finish
* Gas spring assists with closing/opening and keeps lid closed/open
* Deadman latch closure
* Square design/flat bottom
* Quick release mounting system
* Carrying handles
DART Aerospace also offers solutions for mounting airborne data collection equipment, such as LiDAR, in Heli-Utility-Basketsâ„¢ and Heli-Utility-Podsâ„¢.
â€œWe have found that making DART kits compatible with as many other products as possible provides our customers with the maximum versatility. Â That is why weâ€™ve created a variation of our basket design specifically for customers with Squirrel Cheeks installed.â€ Â Quote Bill Beckett, General Manager, DART Aerospace Ltd.
DART Helicopter Services LLC., 4650 North Avenue, Oceanside, CA 92056 (www.darthelicopterservices.com), is a privately held Sales, Marketing and Manufacturing Company whose primary focus is developing innovative STCâ€™d products and creating sales networks for aerospace manufacturers who are looking to benefit from DARTâ€™s global marketing network and sales channel. Â DART is the logical choice for rotary wing operators who are seeking a supplier with a comprehensive product line and superior customer support. DARTâ€™S subsidiary and affiliated companies own over 450 STCâ€™s and manufacture over 500 products. Â With its highly trained and knowledgeable North American and International sales team, DART Helicopter Services distributes more than 3,000 aftermarket products to over 120 countries worldwide. Â For further information, please call our Customer Support Center at 1 (800) 556 4166 or 1 (613) 632 3336 or by e-mail at [email protected]
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 27-Mar-19 N818MC Airbus AS350B3 Conroe, US-Texas (1F)
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase