FAA certification for the turbine powered Robinson R66 is expected on Monday 25th October, and all dealers have been invited to the factory at Torrance for a celebratory party.
The R66 is powered by the new Rolls Royce RR 300, rated by the manufacturer at 240-300 shp, and weighing in at 176lb (a fraction under 80kg) excluding the installation kit.
Sloane Helicopters, UK and Ireland distributors for the Robinson Helicopter Company, confirmed these details to HeliHub.com this morning.
Preliminary performance figures for the R66 are:-
* Maximum all up weight 2,700 lbs. Empty weight 1,280 lbs. Full fuel 493 lbs. Payload with full fuel 927 lbs
* Five seats in a two-plus-three configuration
* Very large baggage compartment – Â maximum load 300 lbs
* VNE above 2,200 lbs 130 Kts. VNE below 2,200 lbs 140 Kts. Cruise speed at MAUW 120Kts
* New Rolls Royce RR 300 engine de-rated by 10% â€“ very simple starting procedure
* Ex-factory base price US$ 790,000
Sloane Helicopters tells HeliHub.com that it already has access to early deliveries and will soon be able to provide all the required technical and instructional support. Â Sloane can be contacted at +44 (0)1604 790595 or by email at email@example.com