Rotorcraft Services Group, Inc. (RSG), an industry leader in helicopter and aircraft services and Garmin International, Inc. have proudly teamed together to obtain FAA Supplemental Type Certificates (STC) for installation of the Garmin G500H glass cockpit in the Eurocopter AS350B2, AS350B3 and EC130B4 helicopter models. Under this STC, any authorized Garmin aviation dealer can install a G500H in a Eurocopter AS350B2, AS350B3 and/or EC130B4 helicopter.
Ed Bolden, president of Rotorcraft Services Group based at Meacham Field in Fort Worth, Texas said, “We are very pleased that RSG completed this important STC project, allowing our customers to take advantage of the features provided by the Garmin G500H, previously STCâ€™d on other select helicopter models. The entire Garmin dealer network can also benefit by our production of complete field installation kits including mounts, brackets, wire harness and instrument panel, allowing quick turn-around for the dealersâ€™ customers.â€
The G500H is an all-glass avionics system designed specifically for the VFR Part 27 helicopter market. The primary flight display (PFD) shows attitude, airspeed, vertical speed, altitude and course/heading information, and the multi-function display (MFD) has detailed moving map graphics with the helicopterâ€™s current position in relation to terrain, chart data, navaids, and flight plan routings. The system offers features like helicopter synthetic vision technology (HSVT), XM WX Satellite Weather with NEXRAD, the ability to display video from a forward looking infrared (FLIR) camera or other video sources, and a helicopter-specific database with over 7,000 heliports and nearly 30,000 additional low-altitude obstacles in addition to the already extensive obstacle database found in the fixed-wing G500 system.
â€œThe G500H is a top-of-the-line glass cockpit for helicopters that brings pilots lifesaving technology at an affordable price,â€ said Gary Kelley, Garminâ€™s vice president of marketing. â€œWe are pleased work with RSG on this STC, and since any authorized Garmin dealer can install the G500H under the STC, we think it will quickly become a highly sought-after, often-installed helicopter avionics suite.â€
Installations of the G500H in a Eurocopter AS350B2, AS350B3 and/or EC130B4 helicopter can begin immediately and may take place at any authorized Garmin aviation dealer. The PMA parts kit required for installation are available from RSG, and the STC installation data is available to Garmin aviation dealers on the Garmin aviation dealer site. Additional information about the G500H is available at www.garmin.com/helicopter.
About Rotorcraft Services Group, Inc.
Rotorcraft Services Group also includes RSG Aviation, a full service completion and MRO facility serving all helicopter makes and models; RSG Products, a manufacturer of G500H installation kits, air conditioning and video systems; and RSG AeroDesign, an integrated engineering unit providing comprehensive design and technical services to both the fixed-wing and rotary-wing markets. Additional information is available on the Web at www.rsgaviation.com, www.rotorcraftservices.com and www.rsgaerodesign.com
About Garmin International, Inc.
Garmin International Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd, the global leader in satellite navigation. Since 1989, this group of companies has designed, manufactured, marketed and sold navigation, communication and information devices and applications â€“ most of which are enabled by GPS technology. Garminâ€™s products serve automotive, mobile, wireless, outdoor recreation, marine, aviation, and OEM applications. Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit Garmin’s virtual pressroom at www.garmin.com/pressroom or contact the Media Relations department at 913-397-8200. Garmin is a registered trademark of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 27-Mar-19 N818MC Airbus AS350B3 Conroe, US-Texas (1F)
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase
- Airbus and Swiss Rotor Solutions promoting use of Maximum Pilot View Kit