Rotorcraft Services Group, Inc. (RSG), an industry leader in helicopter and aircraft services and Garmin International, Inc. have proudly teamed together to obtain FAA Supplemental Type Certificates (STC) for installation of the Garmin G500H glass cockpit in the Eurocopter AS350B2, AS350B3 and EC130B4 helicopter models. Under this STC, any authorized Garmin aviation dealer can install a G500H in a Eurocopter AS350B2, AS350B3 and/or EC130B4 helicopter.
Ed Bolden, president of Rotorcraft Services Group based at Meacham Field in Fort Worth, Texas said, “We are very pleased that RSG completed this important STC project, allowing our customers to take advantage of the features provided by the Garmin G500H, previously STCâ€™d on other select helicopter models. The entire Garmin dealer network can also benefit by our production of complete field installation kits including mounts, brackets, wire harness and instrument panel, allowing quick turn-around for the dealersâ€™ customers.â€
The G500H is an all-glass avionics system designed specifically for the VFR Part 27 helicopter market. The primary flight display (PFD) shows attitude, airspeed, vertical speed, altitude and course/heading information, and the multi-function display (MFD) has detailed moving map graphics with the helicopterâ€™s current position in relation to terrain, chart data, navaids, and flight plan routings. The system offers features like helicopter synthetic vision technology (HSVT), XM WX Satellite Weather with NEXRAD, the ability to display video from a forward looking infrared (FLIR) camera or other video sources, and a helicopter-specific database with over 7,000 heliports and nearly 30,000 additional low-altitude obstacles in addition to the already extensive obstacle database found in the fixed-wing G500 system.
â€œThe G500H is a top-of-the-line glass cockpit for helicopters that brings pilots lifesaving technology at an affordable price,â€ said Gary Kelley, Garminâ€™s vice president of marketing. â€œWe are pleased work with RSG on this STC, and since any authorized Garmin dealer can install the G500H under the STC, we think it will quickly become a highly sought-after, often-installed helicopter avionics suite.â€
Installations of the G500H in a Eurocopter AS350B2, AS350B3 and/or EC130B4 helicopter can begin immediately and may take place at any authorized Garmin aviation dealer. The PMA parts kit required for installation are available from RSG, and the STC installation data is available to Garmin aviation dealers on the Garmin aviation dealer site. Additional information about the G500H is available at www.garmin.com/helicopter.
About Rotorcraft Services Group, Inc.
Rotorcraft Services Group also includes RSG Aviation, a full service completion and MRO facility serving all helicopter makes and models; RSG Products, a manufacturer of G500H installation kits, air conditioning and video systems; and RSG AeroDesign, an integrated engineering unit providing comprehensive design and technical services to both the fixed-wing and rotary-wing markets. Additional information is available on the Web at www.rsgaviation.com, www.rotorcraftservices.com and www.rsgaerodesign.com
About Garmin International, Inc.
Garmin International Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd, the global leader in satellite navigation. Since 1989, this group of companies has designed, manufactured, marketed and sold navigation, communication and information devices and applications â€“ most of which are enabled by GPS technology. Garminâ€™s products serve automotive, mobile, wireless, outdoor recreation, marine, aviation, and OEM applications. Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit Garmin’s virtual pressroom at www.garmin.com/pressroom or contact the Media Relations department at 913-397-8200. Garmin is a registered trademark of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
- 30-Jan-21 ZS-RWZ Airbus AS350B3 Grand Central, South Africa
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- 02-Jan-21 ZS-OXK Airbus AS350B3 Cape Town, South Africa
- 30-Dec-20 I-LGLG Airbus H125 San Martino, Italy
- 26-Dec-20 (tba) Airbus H125 Minimarg, Pakistan (4F)
- 23-Dec-20 RA-07328 Airbus H125 Novopodkletnoe, Russia
- 19-Dec-20 N574AM Airbus AS350B3 Driggs, US-Idaho
- True Blue Power announce VFS receive TCCA approval
- 04-Dec-20 JA504D Airbus AS350 Higashi Matsuyama, Japan
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- 02-Dec-20 OF-??? Airbus AS350 Mombo, Botswana
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Genesys Aerosystems’ EFIS Now Certified on Airbus AS350/355
- 20-Nov-20 LV-FQN Airbus AS350B3 Coronel Moldes, Argentina (2F)
- 16-Nov-20 LN-OAX Airbus AS350B3 Lysefjorden, Norway
- 08-Nov-20 TG-GEA Airbus AS350B3 Alta Verapaz, Guatemala
- 26-Oct-20 N530H Airbus AS350B3 Arenas Valley, NM
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- Astronics Enhanced Vision Systems Receives Approval for AS350s