Milestone Aviation Group, the first global specialty finance company focused exclusively on the helicopter and private jet markets, today announced that it has closed its first transaction with Omni Taxi Aereo of Brazil.
Milestone is providing 100% lease financing to Omni to allow the Brazilian operator to add two new Sikorsky 76C++ to their growing fleet. The deal closed in early September. The aircraft are currently undergoing offshore configuration completion at Sikorsky’s Coatesville, Pennsylvania completion centre and are scheduled to be delivered within the next 30 days. The aircraft will be used to service a Petrobras contract ferrying workers to offshore oil platforms.
Richard Santulli, Milestone Chairman said, “We are proud to partner with Omni to help them grow and meet the needs of the Brazilian market. Omni is a great operator and we look forward to supporting them for years to come.”
“It is important for us to have a financial partner that understands our business,” said Rui Almeida, President of Omni Taxi Aereo. “Milestone is made up of former operators who can relate to our circumstances and who understand our needs. They have proven quick and decisive in providing 100% financing to support our growth plans allowing us to meet the needs of our customers.”
The deal is the first for Milestone. The company which secured US$500 million of equity this August to provide lease financing to the helicopter and private jet markets is currently in various stages of discussions with helicopter operators and private jet owners in 18 countries on 6 continents. The company plans to announce its next transaction shortly.
Omni Taxi Aereo is Brazil’s second largest oil and gas helicopter operator by fleet size with 33 aircraft today and plans to add 7 machines in the next 15 months. The company operates a diverse fleet of AgustaWestland, Bell, Eurocopter and Sikorsky products performing a wide array of services focusing on offshore oil and gas work.
About Milestone Aviation Group
Milestone Aviation Group is the first global aircraft leasing company exclusively focused on helicopters and private jets. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and with operations in Colts Neck, New Jersey and Columbus, Ohio, Milestone’s global aircraft leasing platform addresses the needs of a transforming marketplace. Further information is available at http://www.milestoneaviation.com.
About Omni Taxi Aereo
Omni Taxi Aereo is part of the Portuguese Omni Aviation Group. The Brazilian Company was founded in 2000 and started operations one year later with a Bell 212 helicopter. Over the past 10 years the company has grown rapidly and diversified its fleet with several different helicopter models dedicated to the oil & gas industry. Omni is fully certified in Quality, Health, Environment and Social Responsibility to international norms and has maintained a perfect safety record since incorporation. Further information is available at http://www.omnibrasil.com.br.
- Wheels Up partners with HeliFlite
- 18-Mar-19 C9-HEI Sikorsky S76A Beira, Mozambique
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- Costa do Sol Taxi Aero selects SKYTRAC Real-Time Flight Data Monitoring
- Universal Avionics ground testing completed on Heli-One S76B
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sikorsky Recognizes Helijet for 30 Years of Safe S-76 Flight Operations
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Canadian Helicopters renews Nova Scotia EMS contract
- Governor Cuomo Helicopter Request Denied
- Helijet extends flights between Nanaimo and Vancouver
- Sikorsky Helicopter Maintenance Trainer Advances Engineering Program
- Associated Aircraft Group expands offerings in the Northeast