Grand Prairie, TX â€“ American Eurocopter today announced that HeatlhNet Aeromedical, long-time customer and program with aircraft operated by Air Methods, continues to expand its operations utilizing the companyâ€™s industry leading helicopters. HealthNet has already placed an EC135 and an EC145 into service this year and it has further expansion planned for the fourth quarter.
â€œIn April we added the EC135 and the EC145 went into service in May. The aircraft have performed extremely well and we are very pleased with the support we receive from American Eurocopter,â€ explained Chip Sovick, President and CEO of HealthNet.
Sovick explains that it is the combination of product performance and company support that have kept them customers of American Eurocopter. â€œThe HealthNet program has counted on Eurocopter aircraft for more than 24 years. The helicopters have consistently provided us with the performance we need for our expanding services and American Eurocopter has been there to provide us with the support we need as our operations have evolved,â€ he says.
HealthNet is a consortium of three hospitals with a fleet of eight aircraft operated by Air Methods. It has seven bases that provide scene, interfacility, neonatal and pediatric transfers throughout West Virginia and the surrounding states of Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky.
Coming in the fourth quarter, HealthNet plans to add its eighth base that will serve the West Virginia University Hospitals â€“ East, and the Martinsburg, WV, area. Air Methods will provide an EC130 to serve the area and HealthNet will provide the medical team.
The HealthNet fleet transports 3,500 patients a year and has completed more than 50,000 accident-free missions. For more information on HealthNet, visit www.healthnetaeromedical.com.
About American Eurocopter
American Eurocopter is a helicopter manufacturer that produces, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and para-public helicopters offered by any manufacturer in the United States. The company is a subsidiary of EADS North America Holdings, the North American operations of EADS, a global leader in aerospace, defense and related services, and is an affiliate of Eurocopter, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world. American Eurocopterâ€™s product line represents the most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters, ranging from light single to heavy twin, serving all markets and missions. Company headquarters and main facilities are located in Grand Prairie, TX, with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, MS, that produces the UH-72A for the U.S. Armyâ€™s Light Utility Helicopter program.
- TKK Orders 2nd EC135 FTD from FRASCA
- Airbus and Air Methods sign additional HCare
- Aeromed in Puerto Rico adds third helicopter
- 08-Dec-20 F-HJAF Airbus EC135T1 Bonvillard, France (5F)
- 15-Nov-20 N442ME Airbus EC135 Williamsport, US-Pennsylvania
- ESG enables Internet in helicopters
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Devon Air Ambulance resumes ops – EC135s fitted with separation screens
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- EC135 Reduced mandatory maintenance and flight checks
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- Polish Border Guard adds Airbus H135
- Gozo EMS operation upgrading to EC135
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- NASA orders three Airbus H135s
- EASA approves STC for Trakka TLX searchlight on EC135