This past July, Helijet completed the purchase of all of VIH Helicoptersâ€™ assets and business operations in Haida Gwaii (formerly the Queen Charlotte Islands), an island archipelago off the coast of central British Columbia. The purchase marks an expansion of Helijetâ€™s operations in the island chain, where it already supports a number of sport fishing lodges during the summer months. Helijet said it plans to extend support to additional lodges and will now conduct year-round operations serving an array of industries, including forestry, fisheries and hydroelectric projects. The expanded operations will also serve the needs of Haida Gwaii communities, local environmental initiatives and the indigenous Haida people.
In keeping with the purchase, Helijet acquired two Bell 206 LongRangers from VIH, along with operating bases and facilities at the Sandspit and Masset Airports. The two LongRangers will be engaged in charter services while Helijetâ€™s Sikorsky S-76 and/or S-61N helicopters will be dedicated to serving major sport fishing lodges during the summer months.
Helijet International Inc. is a Canadian-owned company and North Americaâ€™s largest scheduled helicopter service. It began flying between Victoria, B.C., and the mainland in 1986 and has carried more than 1.9 million passengers in the past 24 years. In addition to its scheduled and charter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters and turbojet aircraft for the Province of British Columbia and numerous medical service clients.
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine
- Ontario gold prospecting uses helicopter-borne geophysical survey
- Leonardo CEO Profumo given 6 year jail sentence and €2.5M file
- US Marine Corps retires AH-1W Cobra after 34 years
- NHV Group appoints Head of Commercial
- Simrik Air has initiated air ambulance services for COVID-19 patients
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Helipad reopens at Ellwood City Medical Center
- Russian Helicopters delivers five Mi-8MTV-1
- WR-ALC completes first TH-1H proof-of-concept overhaul
- New FreeFlight ADS-B receiver reduces reliance on ground, radar stations
- 50+ North Sea workers isolating after rig flights
- NHV to increase hangarage at Aberdeen
- Full Ice clearance for AW169 delayed by COVID19
- Air Methods chooses Airbus HCare to support its fleet of 31 EC145 helicopters
- Abaco wins cabin computer contract with helicopter OEM
- Change of date for EASA Rotorcraft and VTOL Symposium 2020
- Foreign Military Sale to Romania for Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Romania of Naval Strike Missile (NSM) Coastal Defense Systems (CDS)
- Devon Air Ambulance is targeted by bright lights
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 16 Oct 20