This past July, Helijet completed the purchase of all of VIH Helicoptersâ€™ assets and business operations in Haida Gwaii (formerly the Queen Charlotte Islands), an island archipelago off the coast of central British Columbia. The purchase marks an expansion of Helijetâ€™s operations in the island chain, where it already supports a number of sport fishing lodges during the summer months. Helijet said it plans to extend support to additional lodges and will now conduct year-round operations serving an array of industries, including forestry, fisheries and hydroelectric projects. The expanded operations will also serve the needs of Haida Gwaii communities, local environmental initiatives and the indigenous Haida people.
In keeping with the purchase, Helijet acquired two Bell 206 LongRangers from VIH, along with operating bases and facilities at the Sandspit and Masset Airports. The two LongRangers will be engaged in charter services while Helijetâ€™s Sikorsky S-76 and/or S-61N helicopters will be dedicated to serving major sport fishing lodges during the summer months.
Helijet International Inc. is a Canadian-owned company and North Americaâ€™s largest scheduled helicopter service. It began flying between Victoria, B.C., and the mainland in 1986 and has carried more than 1.9 million passengers in the past 24 years. In addition to its scheduled and charter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters and turbojet aircraft for the Province of British Columbia and numerous medical service clients.
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms
- New USHST Report Lays Down a Path for Automatic Flight Control Systems in Light Helicopters
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024