NORTH Flight Data Systems, LLC is pleased to announce the planned acquisition of the OuterLink Flight Data System product line. NORTH Flight Data Systems was recently formed through a partnership between Jeffery Warner, former VP of Sales & Marketing for OuterLink, and Metro Aviation, Inc. of Shreveport, LA. A binding Letter of Intent has been signed by both companies with the goal of completing the transition during the month of October.
The Flight Data System (FDS) product line acquisition includes the OuterLink Voice & Video Recorder, CVÂ²R recorder, and the Multifunction Data Acquisition Unit with the Quick Access Recorder. Included in the purchase is the Safety Matrix Analysis Reporting Threshold (SMART) software that performs real-time data analysis on board the aircraft and transmits customer defined event data messages over a satcom link. Mike Stanberry, President of Metro Aviation, will assume the title of Chairman and Jeff Warner will act as President and CEO.
â€œMetro Aviation has worked with Jeff and OuterLink for a long time and teaming with Jeff on the Flight Data System product is a natural fit,â€ said Stanberry. â€œWe both recognize the need for such a safety product and share the same vision as to how we can provide our industry a Best-in-Class product lineâ€.
Warner said that OuterLink has been a very cooperative and innovative organization in the development of the FDS product line with PHI and the forward thinking launch customer. â€œWith OuterLinkâ€™s primary focus on satellite communications and mapping, it made sense that Mikeâ€™s organization and I put a total company focus on producing and further developing the FDS with customer driven design and capability. We have assembled a terrific team of industry individuals to continue the manufacturing and support of this innovative product lineâ€, commented Warner.
Metro Aviation made the official announcement today at the AMTC to introduce NORTH Flight Data Systems to the air medical community in Ft Lauderdale, FL. A demonstration of the flight safety equipment will be available in the OuterLink Booth #1430.
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management
- Jämtlandsflyg to seize operations
- Aeronautical Accessories to distribute GPMS HUMS for 407 i
- FAA Establishes Restrictions on Drone Operations over DOJ and DOD Facilities
- ESG offering Smart Mission Display for helicopters and mission aircraft
- Rosoboronexport Ready to Expand Cooperation
- Kopter Group will exhibit its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2019
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 27,000th mission