NORTH Flight Data Systems, LLC is pleased to announce the planned acquisition of the OuterLink Flight Data System product line. NORTH Flight Data Systems was recently formed through a partnership between Jeffery Warner, former VP of Sales & Marketing for OuterLink, and Metro Aviation, Inc. of Shreveport, LA. A binding Letter of Intent has been signed by both companies with the goal of completing the transition during the month of October.
The Flight Data System (FDS) product line acquisition includes the OuterLink Voice & Video Recorder, CVÂ²R recorder, and the Multifunction Data Acquisition Unit with the Quick Access Recorder. Included in the purchase is the Safety Matrix Analysis Reporting Threshold (SMART) software that performs real-time data analysis on board the aircraft and transmits customer defined event data messages over a satcom link. Mike Stanberry, President of Metro Aviation, will assume the title of Chairman and Jeff Warner will act as President and CEO.
â€œMetro Aviation has worked with Jeff and OuterLink for a long time and teaming with Jeff on the Flight Data System product is a natural fit,â€ said Stanberry. â€œWe both recognize the need for such a safety product and share the same vision as to how we can provide our industry a Best-in-Class product lineâ€.
Warner said that OuterLink has been a very cooperative and innovative organization in the development of the FDS product line with PHI and the forward thinking launch customer. â€œWith OuterLinkâ€™s primary focus on satellite communications and mapping, it made sense that Mikeâ€™s organization and I put a total company focus on producing and further developing the FDS with customer driven design and capability. We have assembled a terrific team of industry individuals to continue the manufacturing and support of this innovative product lineâ€, commented Warner.
Metro Aviation made the official announcement today at the AMTC to introduce NORTH Flight Data Systems to the air medical community in Ft Lauderdale, FL. A demonstration of the flight safety equipment will be available in the OuterLink Booth #1430.
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH
- RUAG STC integrates customized avionics and night vision capabilities
- Sikorsky Teamsters Win the Ergo Cup
- ARH Tiger support contract extension announced
- Era Helicopters Wins 2019 NOIA Safety in Seas Award