NORTH Flight Data Systems, LLC is pleased to announce the planned acquisition of the OuterLink Flight Data System product line. NORTH Flight Data Systems was recently formed through a partnership between Jeffery Warner, former VP of Sales & Marketing for OuterLink, and Metro Aviation, Inc. of Shreveport, LA. A binding Letter of Intent has been signed by both companies with the goal of completing the transition during the month of October.
The Flight Data System (FDS) product line acquisition includes the OuterLink Voice & Video Recorder, CVÂ²R recorder, and the Multifunction Data Acquisition Unit with the Quick Access Recorder. Included in the purchase is the Safety Matrix Analysis Reporting Threshold (SMART) software that performs real-time data analysis on board the aircraft and transmits customer defined event data messages over a satcom link. Mike Stanberry, President of Metro Aviation, will assume the title of Chairman and Jeff Warner will act as President and CEO.
â€œMetro Aviation has worked with Jeff and OuterLink for a long time and teaming with Jeff on the Flight Data System product is a natural fit,â€ said Stanberry. â€œWe both recognize the need for such a safety product and share the same vision as to how we can provide our industry a Best-in-Class product lineâ€.
Warner said that OuterLink has been a very cooperative and innovative organization in the development of the FDS product line with PHI and the forward thinking launch customer. â€œWith OuterLinkâ€™s primary focus on satellite communications and mapping, it made sense that Mikeâ€™s organization and I put a total company focus on producing and further developing the FDS with customer driven design and capability. We have assembled a terrific team of industry individuals to continue the manufacturing and support of this innovative product lineâ€, commented Warner.
Metro Aviation made the official announcement today at the AMTC to introduce NORTH Flight Data Systems to the air medical community in Ft Lauderdale, FL. A demonstration of the flight safety equipment will be available in the OuterLink Booth #1430.
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team