WSI (Weather Services International) today announced that its award-winning Pilotbrief Online flight service has added US Mineral Management Service (MMS) Blocks and Platforms, as well as new weather hazard analysis features focused on the Gulf of Mexico (GOMEX) for rotorcraft operators.
â€WSI Pilotbrief has always offered best-in-class global weather decision support for pilots in one affordable, easy-to-use service,â€ said Paul Hathaway, WSIâ€™s Director of Product Management. â€œWe are significantly expanding the services we offer in the Gulf of Mexico. The GOMEX is a unique operating environment for rotorcraft with specialized forecast and aviation dataset requirements. To meet these needs, WSIâ€™s Interactive Map has been adapted to include MMS Blocks and Platforms which are the destinations for these offshore flights. When these features are combined on our Interactive Map with the proprietary weather safety products that we offer in the Gulf and the route of flight, the result is an online service that adds significant value to offshore operators.â€
Because the Gulf of Mexico physically lacks ground-based radars, WSI has created a â€œsynthetic radarâ€ derived from data channels in satellite imagery to take the place of its highly regarded, land-based NOWrad mosaic. When combined with its Global Lightning Network (GLN) and its proprietary WSI SIGMETs, WSI can provide Gulf operators with access to weather hazard analysis that was previously unavailable.
In addition, WSIâ€™s aviation forecast team can provide Gulf rotorcraft operators with specifically tailored forecasts for both terminal and offshore Gulf locations. Alerts will be generated when conditions are forecast to affect operations.
â€œOur Gulf aviation customers have selected WSI for a number of reasons,â€ stated Mark D. Miller, VP and GM of WSIâ€™s Decision Support Group, â€œWSI understands the unique needs of the offshore rotorcraft market. It has a global, proprietary weather and hazard product set that will significantly enhance the safety of GOMEX operations.â€
Learn more about WSI Pilotbrief Online at WSI’s Booth # 6037 at NBAA 2010 in Atlanta, October 19-21.
About WSI Aviation
WSI, the most trusted weather decision support provider in the aviation industry, provides a proactive, aviation, operation management suite ensuring common situational awareness and continuity in decisions through every phase of flight. WSI PilotbriefTM is an integral component of WSIâ€™s comprehensive flight decision support solution, which includes WSI HubcastÂ® terminal forecasts and alerting for airport stakeholders, InFlightTM datalink for pilots, as well as the WSI FusionTM dispatch application. WSI also operates a Global Forecast Center staffed by experienced aviation meteorologists that produce operational terminal and enroute forecasts globally.
Collectively, the WSI solution streamlines workflow and enables common weather situational awareness through all phases of flight, improving operational confidence, communications, flexibility and decisions among key flight stakeholders. The result is improved safety and efficiency.
WSI (Weather Services International) is the world’s leading provider of weather-driven business solutions for professionals in the aviation, energy and media markets, as well as multiple federal and state government agencies. WSI is a member of The Weather Channel Companies and is headquartered in Andover, Massachusetts with offices in Birmingham, England. The Weather Channel Companies are owned by a consortium made up of NBC Universal and the private equity firms The Blackstone Group and Bain Capital. More information about WSI can be found at www.wsi.com.
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator