Safe Flight Instrument has begun delivery of its Powerline Detection System (PDS) to Enstrom for installation on three Enstrom 480B model helicopters scheduled to be supplied to the Royal Thai Army in the first quarter of 2011.
The addition of Safe Flightâ€™s Powerline Detection System was a key component in the contract award to provide the Royal Thai Army with 16 Enstrom 480B model helicopters. These 16 light turbine helicopters will be used primarily for training purposes and will be based at the army’s aviation centre in Lopburi province in central Thailand.
The Powerline Detection System will be offered to all other Enstrom 480 operators as a production option or can be installed as an in-service retrofit.
Safe Flightâ€™s Powerline Detection System has been FAA and EASA certified and is currently being operated world wide. PDS is an extremely lightweight and passive system that alerts the aircraft pilot and crew when approaching an energized power line in a heads up attitude. The system provides a visual and aural warning to the crew. As the aircraft approaches the danger the aural warning intensifies allowing the pilot to avoid contact with the hazard altogether.
A multi-role light turbine helicopter, the Enstrom 480 series has now been certified in 16 countries and has already been operated in 31 countries. With over 130 aircraft in the field now, the 480B is proving to be a popular choice for a wide range of applications, including personal transport, flight instruction, law enforcement, power line patrol, executive transport (charter), electronic news gathering, pipeline patrol, aerial photography, sightseeing, and cargo/passenger delivery.
Safe Flight Instrument Corporation, a leader in aviation safety and flight performance systems, was founded in 1946. Headquartered in White Plains, New York, the company pioneered the development of Stall Warning and Angle of Attack, Automatic Throttle Systems, Wind Shear Warning and many other innovations in aircraft instrumentation, flight performance and control systems for fixed- and rotary-winged aircraft. Safe Flight products are installed on nearly two-thirds of the worldâ€™s aircraft – in the general aviation, commercial, and military sectors.
- 10-Oct-20 N899RT Enstrom 480B Putnam, US-Connecticut
- 250th Enstrom 480 produced as manufacturer welcomes French dealer
- Royal Thai Army prepares for more Enstrom 480Bs
- Enstrom Obtains Certification of Garmin® GTN 750
- 22-Mar-19 OK-CLV Enstrom 480 Slavoňov, Czech Republic (2F)
- Six more Enstrom 480s for Thailand
- Enstrom 480B receives Canadian certification
- New Zealand certifies current Enstrom models
- New 480B to South Africa
- Enstrom certifies Appareo Vision 1000
- LOM PRAHA TRADE a.s. and Enstrom Helicopter sign Contract
- 10-May-17 N480W Enstrom 480 Pfunders, Italy (1F)
- Enstrom Delivers 480B to Sharkeys Helicopter
- Enstrom signs new 5-year agreement for M250 engines
- R66 production numbers speed past the H120 total
- 09-Sep-15 G-IGHH Enstrom 280 Aldbury, UK
- Enstrom delivers last of 30 480Bs to Japanese Ground Self Defense Force
- Enstrom Delivers First 480B-G
- FAA approves Enstrom 480B-G – the Garmin G1000H equipped 480
- Enstrom Adds Dealers, Continues Innovation