La Jolla, Calif. â€“ October 19, 2010 â€“ Blue Sky Network, a leading, global provider of GPS tracking and communication solutions for land, sea, and aviation assets, announced that it is now a service partner of mobile satellite service provider, Iridium ServiÃ§ios de Satelites S.A. a subsidiary of Iridium Communications Inc. As an Iridium service partner in Brazil, Blue Sky Network can now provide its satellite-based GPS tracking and remote communication solutions directly to operators of air, land and marine vehicles based in that country. The new partnership expands Blue Sky Networkâ€™s global footprint and builds upon its long-standing relationship with Iridium, the worldâ€™s only truly global mobile satellite service provider, and a technology innovator and market leader.
The new partnership lays the foundation for Blue Sky Networkâ€™s long-term growth in the Brazilian market. The Company recently opened Blue Sky Network Brazil based in Alphaville, just outside Sao Paulo. It currently provides GPS tracking and communication services to numerous civilian and government aviation operations, including TAM, Brazilâ€™s largest airline and Lider, the countryâ€™s largest provider of helicopter and executive aviation services.
â€œWe are extremely proud to join an exclusive group of Iridium service partners in Brazil,â€ said Jon Gilbert, Blue Sky Networkâ€™s CEO. â€œOur comprehensive asset tracking solution that features real time tracking, text messaging, telemetry, and voice communication is particularly well suited to Brazil. The countryâ€™s dense and expansive geography provides many obstacles to safe and secure transport and we look forward to helping aircraft and fleet owners overcome these challenges.â€
“Blue Sky Network is ideally suited to provide this critical tracking and remote communications service in Brazil,” said Greg Ewert, executive vice president, global distribution channels, Iridium. “Through Iridium’s global, short-burst data service, aircraft, vehicle and marine operators will now have access to reliable, two-way, real-time, cost-effective communications throughout Brazilâ€™s huge, remote land swaths, its extensive coastlines and waterways, and in its skies.”
About Blue Sky Network
Blue Sky Network is a leading global provider of voice and data services via the Iridium satellite network. Our aviation, marine and vehicle products for GPS tracking, real time flight tracking and fleet management provide reliable fleet tracking and communication services. Blue Sky Networkâ€™s solutions serve the Aviation, Oil and Gas, Government, Forestry, Mining, Supply Chain Management and Intermodal Transportation markets. Founded in 2001, Blue Sky Network is headquartered in La Jolla, California with customers and distributors worldwide. For more information about our company and solutions, visit the Blue Sky Network website at www.blueskynetwork.com.
About Iridium Communications Inc.
Iridium Communications Inc. is the only mobile satellite service (MSS) company offering coverage over the entire globe. The Iridium constellation of low-Earth orbiting (LEO) cross-linked satellites provides critical voice and data services for areas not served by terrestrial communication networks. Iridium serves commercial markets through a worldwide network of distributors, and provides services to the U.S. Department of Defense and other U.S. and international government agencies. The company’s customers represent a broad spectrum of industry, including maritime, aeronautical, government/defense, public safety, utilities, oil/gas, mining, forestry, heavy equipment and transportation. Iridium has launched a major development program for its next-generation satellite constellation, Iridium NEXT. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va., U.S.A. and trades on the NASDAQ Global Market under the ticker symbols IRDM (common stock), IRDMW ($7.00 warrants), IRDMZ ($11.50 warrants) and IRDMU (units).
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week