La Jolla, Calif. â€“ October 19, 2010 â€“ Blue Sky Network, a leading, global provider of GPS tracking and communication solutions for land, sea, and aviation assets, announced that it is now a service partner of mobile satellite service provider, Iridium ServiÃ§ios de Satelites S.A. a subsidiary of Iridium Communications Inc. As an Iridium service partner in Brazil, Blue Sky Network can now provide its satellite-based GPS tracking and remote communication solutions directly to operators of air, land and marine vehicles based in that country. The new partnership expands Blue Sky Networkâ€™s global footprint and builds upon its long-standing relationship with Iridium, the worldâ€™s only truly global mobile satellite service provider, and a technology innovator and market leader.
The new partnership lays the foundation for Blue Sky Networkâ€™s long-term growth in the Brazilian market. The Company recently opened Blue Sky Network Brazil based in Alphaville, just outside Sao Paulo. It currently provides GPS tracking and communication services to numerous civilian and government aviation operations, including TAM, Brazilâ€™s largest airline and Lider, the countryâ€™s largest provider of helicopter and executive aviation services.
â€œWe are extremely proud to join an exclusive group of Iridium service partners in Brazil,â€ said Jon Gilbert, Blue Sky Networkâ€™s CEO. â€œOur comprehensive asset tracking solution that features real time tracking, text messaging, telemetry, and voice communication is particularly well suited to Brazil. The countryâ€™s dense and expansive geography provides many obstacles to safe and secure transport and we look forward to helping aircraft and fleet owners overcome these challenges.â€
“Blue Sky Network is ideally suited to provide this critical tracking and remote communications service in Brazil,” said Greg Ewert, executive vice president, global distribution channels, Iridium. “Through Iridium’s global, short-burst data service, aircraft, vehicle and marine operators will now have access to reliable, two-way, real-time, cost-effective communications throughout Brazilâ€™s huge, remote land swaths, its extensive coastlines and waterways, and in its skies.”
About Blue Sky Network
Blue Sky Network is a leading global provider of voice and data services via the Iridium satellite network. Our aviation, marine and vehicle products for GPS tracking, real time flight tracking and fleet management provide reliable fleet tracking and communication services. Blue Sky Networkâ€™s solutions serve the Aviation, Oil and Gas, Government, Forestry, Mining, Supply Chain Management and Intermodal Transportation markets. Founded in 2001, Blue Sky Network is headquartered in La Jolla, California with customers and distributors worldwide. For more information about our company and solutions, visit the Blue Sky Network website at www.blueskynetwork.com.
About Iridium Communications Inc.
Iridium Communications Inc. is the only mobile satellite service (MSS) company offering coverage over the entire globe. The Iridium constellation of low-Earth orbiting (LEO) cross-linked satellites provides critical voice and data services for areas not served by terrestrial communication networks. Iridium serves commercial markets through a worldwide network of distributors, and provides services to the U.S. Department of Defense and other U.S. and international government agencies. The company’s customers represent a broad spectrum of industry, including maritime, aeronautical, government/defense, public safety, utilities, oil/gas, mining, forestry, heavy equipment and transportation. Iridium has launched a major development program for its next-generation satellite constellation, Iridium NEXT. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va., U.S.A. and trades on the NASDAQ Global Market under the ticker symbols IRDM (common stock), IRDMW ($7.00 warrants), IRDMZ ($11.50 warrants) and IRDMU (units).
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms
- New USHST Report Lays Down a Path for Automatic Flight Control Systems in Light Helicopters
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024